Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for someone/garage that convert the peugeot experts using the 16v hdi engines to the 8v hdi engines close to Birmingham. I know this is a popular conversion so hopefully there will be someone who knows what there doing nearby. Age range from 02 reg to 07 reg. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I know there's a user (belmo04) who's based in wolverhampton who's done loads of these conversions but I can't send him a message until I've done 20 posts as I've already tried. Lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking for someone/garage that convert the peugeot experts using the 16v hdi engines to the 8v hdi engines close to Birmingham. I know this is a popular conversion so hopefully there will be someone who knows what there doing nearby. Age range from 02 reg to 07 reg. Thanks.
Do you mind me asking, what are the advantages of doing this conversion?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically a good secondhand 16v is hard to come across where as the 8 valves are more readily available, plus the mechanics seem to prefer working on the 8 valves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Basically a good secondhand 16v is hard to come across where as the 8 valves are more readily available, plus the mechanics seem to prefer working on the 8 valves.
Is it a complete engine change or are you just swapping the 16v cylinder head for an 8 valve?

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
You swap the whole engine the main reason is IF the timing belt breaks on the 16 valve engine it can be hard to remove the injectors to allow for repair of the damage done where on the 8 valve the injectors dont need to come out so the same repair is far easier and can be done in a few hours.

Other than that there is no real benefit if truth be told i prefer the 16 valve engine as when its right it pulls better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts