Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just got my 307 2002 2.0hdi after i hit 50mph i get a constant beeping and no display on instuments and i meant its just constant and it will stop once i get below 50mph can anyone shed light on it please:)

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
mine beeps after 70 had a look and it said absent for speed limiter. when i get 5 mins ill try to find it. dont go above 70 often so may be a while to see if i cured it

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
think the speed limit warning thing is to set it greater speed than the car can travel and remember the settings are probably in KPH :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well I learn something new everyday. I didn't even know these vehicles could be programmed to have speed restrictions set. :eek:

All I know is that the diesels have engine limiters or limp mode limiter programmes.

Can all the Peugeot models have this function? :confused:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Not sure how it is implemented it could just cut engine and beep or similar but I would say its a no go thing just when you need to get out of trouble your engine decides to slow you to 70 exactly very bad

G

·
0 Posts
Even my old 406 has this option if enabled with Planet - I did it once, then promptly disabled the bastard thing.....

Its an option on the trip computer in the Picasso too, but again its an option I tend to skip.

I believe it can be set to beep at something like 250KPH so no chance of it going off again :thumb:

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
It's not a speed limiter, it's just an overspeed warning. On my car it can be set so that the speed can be set through the MFD or it can be set permanently using PP2000. Not sure it it can be disabled as such but setting it to a speed that is faster than the car can reach would prevent it beeping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts