Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a second car and I'm considering getting a 107. The car will be used for daily commutes to the train station and the occasional motorway journey.

I've found a 2008 automatic 107 with about 70k on the clock. Coming in at about £3.5k - price seems about right, and given it'll probably only do about 3k miles per year that milage is probably fine too. I guess I'm a little worried that a small car like this has been used for a large number of small journeys.

Any thoughts or things I should consider or be aware of?

Many thanks, and looking forward to spending more time here :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it was petrol. Now sold however :(

But, as a car to look out for (safe, reliable and cheap to run), I'm definitely going to be looking at 107s.

C

·
0 Posts
Mileage isn't a problem if it's been cared for - the engines are robust, and the manual boxes rarely give trouble. However, the MMT is troublesome, and best avoided.

·
Registered
190 Posts
As someone who drives auto's a lot I would sugest that you change the ATF and gearbox filter, surprising how often it gets over looked.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As someone who drives auto's a lot I would sugest that you change the ATF and gearbox filter, surprising how often it gets over looked.
I do not think that I understand what you are trying to say. Aygo/C1/107 with MMT has a normal gear box with an electronic actuator that changes gears for you. The gear box is the same as the manual car. The gear oil is probably the same as the manual and where is that gear box filter please tell us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts