Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, so I'm in the market for my first car, finally. I'm considering 206 2.0 d-turbo or 307 2.0 HDI, both 3 drs. I like both because of practical performance and great on juice. My only hesitation is the fact that I have read bad things about reliability... I have read about ECU's going and being expensive to put right, also electrics are meant to be iffy. All I have read is from reviews. I was looking for opinions from people who live with these cars everyday, not magazine editors. What are they like when they get near 100,000? I could only afford to buy one with round 70,000 on it. Right that's all, thanks in advance and let me know if you think I have over looked any other practical diesels. :) :thumb:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
I have a 307 1.4hdi with 221,000 miles and another with 124,000 miles usual stuff wearing out brake pads, discs , droplinks clutches nothing major yet, had toyota before with 200,000 miles but the pug looks 10 times better and the 307 has plenty of room for a small car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a workhorse to me! Can't complain with any of that, I understand there are bits that are designed to wear out i can budget for that. What I really wanna know is are there any chronic problems with these cars. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
307 hdi

Hi, I have a 53 307 Hdi 110, main problem seems to be the FAP filter, it can be costly and a pain, they need filling up about 80k mies and if not looked after changing, all of which is not cheap. So get the 90 bhp or make sure its been done.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Get a 307 - astra sized and high up - 206 is too small IMO. I'm just over 6' tall - the 307 is large enough for a comfortable driving position - with good headroom.

Try and get a 90 bhp hdi - no dual mass flywheel - or dpf and eolys system - the difference in performance between the 90 and 110 bhp is just not worth the extra hassle. The simpler the car the less things there are to break down.

307 hdi mpg is excellent - my 307 matches the cost per mile of my previous lpg astra.

I can't really give an opinion on long term reliability - but so far I'm chuffed with the 307.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.