Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically i want to install a sub and amplifier to my peugeot 307 1.6s 53reg... Do i have to change the head unit? At first i thought i would have to, but my car has leads connected from when i bought it, to be fair i do not have a clue what the leads were previously connected to, but they run all the way to the boot, where amps are most often placed. Whatever they are, they are connected to the battery. Would you guess these are cables for sub/amp connection?

If not, would i have to change the head unit and more importantly if i change the head unit will the CD changer still work? and the steering wheel controls?

cheers,
Frank

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you have the correct wire for the according head unit then yet....if not no....

basicly wot head unit u think about?
and if its like sony alpine a gd know brand name you can get a wire for it from autoleads...im looking for one atm but gotta also get a headunit first..

·
Registered
122 Posts
If we are thinking of the same lead, that looks like a female conector, it is for a peugeot only cd changer. As for linking a sub & amp up to your standard stereo this is possible, there is a special connector and box for the rear of the head unit that youy can connect the ports etc.. too. All reputable auto parts stores should sell the required item.
If you are planning of using an aftermarket sub & amp for example vibe, i strongly recomend that you do not use your standard install, as there will be insufficent rms going to the amp causing echo and poor sound quality.
If you would like any more advice on either the latest or the best for the price on either head units, amps, subs, coolers, power caps etc, please dont hesitate to ask, im here to help. Regards whistler

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.