Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Im wanting to hook my IPOD upto my cd player in my 307, however, there is no auxilary connection that I can see.
Will I need to purchase a new cd player in order to do this?
Im not sure if this is possible, but I was thinking I could take out my 5 disc multi changer and maybe install something there which would allow me to connect my ipod?

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how have you got around it?

I was planning on going to Halfords to ask there advice but didn't want to end up buying something I may not need...

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bettyswollocks said:
Cheap answer -
Is this this similair to the transmitter which you connect to your cigarette lighter? I've had one of those in the past but wasn't too impresssed with connection, it kept cutting out. Ideal for a short term thing but not so much for long term. I'd rather get something more permanant.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the motorola one and have to say it is perfect for mp3's to be played through to your radio. It will also serve as a hands free as well

·
Registered
184 Posts
There is a device maufactured by connects 2 which connects the ipod to the cd changer portion of the standard stereo. I have one in mine, not cheap though. £70+ brand new, I got mine off ebay for about £40. I wanted to keep the factory look. Works excellently and can control forward/reverse from the stalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
roy_newell said:
There is a device maufactured by connects 2 which connects the ipod to the cd changer portion of the standard stereo. I have one in mine, not cheap though. £70+ brand new, I got mine off ebay for about £40. I wanted to keep the factory look. Works excellently and can control forward/reverse from the stalk
Have you got any more info on this Roy

·
Registered
184 Posts
I checked their website and couldn't find the exact one on there any more but I've found this one on ebay, pretty sure its the same one.
I have a 2001 model, I'm pretty certain the newer models (2004/5+) need a different adapter but the same company do it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Connects2-CTA...cles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item5639961be2

Also charges the ipod whilst its playing. Can't fault it really, only thing is I wish the display would output on the MFD screen in the car. Other than that, spot on piece of kit.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Doesn't that method result in the CD changer not operating?

Is there not a way (off topic) to change/ convert the CD changer plug to an after market head unit connection so you could still use the standard Peugeot head unit with the steering wheel control but replace the cd changer with the after market one (with usb/ sd card options) which would be of more use?

·
Registered
184 Posts
steve m said:
Doesn't that method result in the CD changer not operating?

Is there not a way (off topic) to change/ convert the CD changer plug to an after market head unit connection so you could still use the standard Peugeot head unit with the steering wheel control but replace the cd changer with the after market one (with usb/ sd card options) which would be of more use?
Sorry, my car has no CD changer so for me this part was a no brainer, lol.

But as you say, ipod is of more use than a cd changer so I would sacrifice it personally, and saying that, that could end up earning you money as the changer may sell for more on ebay than you'll pay for the connector.

No you can't just chop and change the wiring, I looked into it all when I was trying to do it, I'm very good with electronics you see so was convinced I could build it myself. I read of numerous people's troubles with trying to get it to work though and so thought I may aswell just pay.

Now that I have it I'm glad I gave up as I took the little silver box of tricks apart to see how complicated the circuit inside was. And then I realised why so many DIY projects didn't get very far, it needs a lot of IC's etc and so is not impossible, but even someone very very very good with electronics, who has oscilloscopes etc would still struggle and the time wasted could be huge compared to just paying the cost. Plus software needs to be written for the IC's. Its very complex due to the nature of BSI unfortunately

·
Registered
9 Posts
How difficult is this thing to install?

I originally bought the FM transmitter but the quality is pretty bad so am thinking of buying this instead.

However, it looks complicated to install - is it? I am thinking I will need to pull the factory stereo out, remove the CD changer connector and plug this in its place?

Also, removing the CD changer will probably leave a pretty messy looking space where the CD changer was. Can the CD changer be left in and this put somewhere else like on the dash?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mp3 connector

Sorry about the delayed reply forgot my password, I had a transmitter find you get a lot of white noise poor for quality at high volume, I think those connect 2 things will be the best thing

·
Registered
369 Posts
Has anybody found an mp3 kit that uses the Aux socket on the radio so the cd changer can still be used?
Am looking for one for my car but would like to keep the changer and wheel controls if possible.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Has anybody found an mp3 kit that uses the Aux socket on the radio so the cd changer can still be used?
Am looking for one for my car but would like to keep the changer and wheel controls if possible.
If you want the wheel controls to skip tracks on the MP3 player, you need to use the ones which take over the changer input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would be interesting to see how that adaptor works inthe aux socket. As long as volume controls will still work on the wheel might be worth a try.
I had the same thing in my smart car, you have to control the volume on mp3 player and stereo separately. Thats a pain in the neck. there are also some iPod cables available with the same layout, allowing to charge the iPod (if you find the "earth" cable yourself)
And also same thing with them, no playlist control or anything.

Cheap Aux cable though :) but nothing else.

I wonder why did Grom Audio didn't bother doing anything for Peugeot.

I have Lexus ATM and GROM Audio box works a treat with ipod, allowing to change between songs/playlists e.t.c.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I reckon the Changer connection is similar, so if someone wants a cheap ipod cable, worth trying this one: Ipod Connection Cable

As I said, I had similar one in my car before (Smart ForTwo) and the thing did the trick, apart from you had to change the tunes on the iPod itself, but the sound was up to the max, and it charged the thing also.

Cannot complain for this price, eh? :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts