Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to connect to the CAN bus of my 207. I want to use the steering wheel controls in an Arduino project.

However, I'm not able to connect to the CAN bus. It does not seem to work via the OBD2 connector (also not with an ELM327 chip). Also, when I tried to connect the CAN bus adapter on the radio CAN bus wires, the system seemed to crash (display went blank for a second, etc).

Has anyone connected successfully with a similar setup? I can't seem to find any information on this.

·
Registered
122 Posts
can lines aren't present, only K lines.

search google for peugeot obd pinout.

it uses a bunch of the "manufacturer specific lines" and neither pin 6 or 14 (can) are there...

simply put you can't use can lines via the OBDII socket as those lines simple aren't there.

in theory there should be no reason that you can't pick up can lines of the equipment bus at any point... the only reason i could think that the bus would crash is if you're outing signals onto the bus, not just reading...

do you have peugeot planet so you would read any fault codes whilst you're doing this?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can lines aren't present, only K lines.

search google for peugeot obd pinout.

it uses a bunch of the "manufacturer specific lines" and neither pin 6 or 14 (can) are there...

simply put you can't use can lines via the OBDII socket as those lines simple aren't there.
That's strange, I've measured the voltage over pins 6 and 14, and i got some voltage there. I'll doublecheck it, maybe I made a mistake.

in theory there should be no reason that you can't pick up can lines of the equipment bus at any point... the only reason i could think that the bus would crash is if you're outing signals onto the bus, not just reading...

do you have peugeot planet so you would read any fault codes whilst you're doing this?
I have a diagbox, but I did not have it connected while trying to connect to the CAN bus. Afterwards I got an emission error, but it went away after putting some throttle to the engine. Maybe it was coincidence because I'd started and stopped the engine a few times while stationary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts