Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a rare update call from my dealer yesterday confirming our car has still got the planned 15th May build date.

He again apologised for us having, (pending any more delays), a four month wait from order to delivery, but says his dealership has been briefed that to allow the factory to catch up and also to shorten new order waiting times, Peugeot are deleting some model configurations currently on offer.

He says he'll know end of next week which, but he thinks they will drop the 1.6 diesel unit with 99bhp. He also thinks the Active trim may lose a couple of engine/gearbox configurations.

He added the new half shift they intrduced by taking personnel from the 308 line will be up to full strength first week of May and they have more suppliers now making parts as current suppliers are struggling to keep up.

Apparently Peugeot are very aware of customers dissatisfaction of waiting times and know its potentially costing sales.

With the 5008 due for release at the end of this summer, they expect huge sales there too so addressing all the above points as not to have a repeat problem then.

Guess we'll have to wait and see as my dealer has come out with rubbish before to 'excuse' the long delivery times.

I would suggest though to anyone who's considering the 99bhp diesel you check with your dealer or order online as Peugeots configurator is still currently listing it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Beau I know it's not much consolation but I ordered same sort of time of you 13 Feb and still waiting. Last update I had was Thursday when they were saying it has a build date of 1st week in May and then approx 3 weeks to arrive at the dealer. Sounds like we could be the same sort of time

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ironically my dealer has told me to not wait another month (which is when I was going to) as Motability may be removing the GT Line 1.6 e-THP soon.
How true this may be I have no idea, or is it a mere ploy to get me in!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ironically my dealer has told me to not wait another month (which is when I was going to) as Motability may be removing the GT Line 1.6 e-THP soon.
How true this may be I have no idea, or is it a mere ploy to get me in!
I heard from my dealer today, that they are going to remove the 1.2 GT Line which is the most popular version!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Well, whatever is happening, it all seems a mess.
With my order going in this Thursday but with a delivery that can not take place before the 1st Sep (end of my 3 year motability lease) which basically is another 4 months, I'm wondering just how much of a guarantee I'll have that the vehicle requested will materialise?
I'm just hoping the dealer keeps in the loop with Peugeot and obviously comes back to me.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I did read a post that a French dealer said the 1.6 diesel was going to be removed from production. I doubt Peugeot would remove their best seller 1.2 GT-Line
I've read somewhere on t'internet today that Peugeot are possibly removing the 1.2 GTLine from the Motability list, because, as you rightly say, Fontie, it's their best seller and they can get enough customers to buy it without having to rely on discounted Motability sales. They're struggling to meet orders to customers who are paying the full price without having to cope with additional orders through Motability. The GT is not available on Motability anyway because its price is above the price cap of £28k (manual) and £29.5k (auto) so it's looking likely from the report I've read that this particular engine will only be available in the Allure.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, that is what I was told by my dealer and hence why they want me to get my order in sooner than required.
Obviously you can not help but wonder what are the percentages with this being honest.
Hi Beards, When your order is in the system I can't see that they can go back on this. When you place the order they should tell you the availability on each model and as your looking for a 4 month timescale I would think that is what most people have been looking at on delivery

·
Registered
683 Posts
Just a thought if Peugeot did drop a model everyone with that particular model should see its price rise quite nicely. Maybe even a collectable in the future

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hi Beards, When your order is in the system I can't see that they can go back on this. When you place the order they should tell you the availability on each model and as your looking for a 4 month timescale I would think that is what most people have been looking at on delivery
Sound logic Jason. What I did not want is for the order to be placed with the dealer but as it is an order that far ahead it would be sat on until it is time for Peugeot to commence build.
However, if it is 4 months for a normal build then that would mean the order going straight through.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sound logic Jason. What I did not want is for the order to be placed with the dealer but as it is an order that far ahead it would be sat on until it is time for Peugeot to commence build.
However, if it is 4 months for a normal build then that would mean the order going straight through.
If they have discontinued a particular model then the dealer would advise you when you order. I ordered a 1.2 on 13th Feb and still waiting and think seen some threads on here with people that have leases running until sept on there current cars so that shouldn't cause you any issue with your current mot ability. Great point Fontie it could become a classic if they are so few

·
Registered
158 Posts
The 1.6 diesel is going to be replaced with the 1.5-liter Euro 6.2 compliant diesel engine. Same engine as on the new DS 7 Crossback. 6-speed automatic gearbox will be replaced with an 8-speed one as well.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yet the new Vauxhall Crossland X and the Grandland X which use the 2008 and 3008 chassis are been built with the 1.6 diesel and the 1.2 petrol. Maybe that`s why Peugeot are dropping those 2 from it`s line up.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The 1.6 diesel is going to be replaced with the 1.5-liter Euro 6.2 compliant diesel engine. Same engine as on the new DS 7 Crossback. 6-speed automatic gearbox will be replaced with an 8-speed one as well.
Where have they announced this? Seems strange to remove engine and gearbox choices so early.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I think 6.2 is theoretical at the moment, and it's a name given to the expected changes by the auto industry. From what I have read they are expecting it in September 2017. Pretty soon anything that emits gases more noxious than a gnats fart will be banned, so I imagine Peugeot will be working on a 3008 "Flintstones" edition. Yabba dabba doo!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.