Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I thought i would introduce myself. I purchased a 54/ 407 hdi 136 some 18 months ago.

Since then i have had the following, depolution filter, eloyx fluid changed, break swithch, pressure sensor x 2, engine, clutch + DMF and waterpump.

Yup, as you can tell i love the car but it still isnt right. Its become an obsession that to be fair can make me feel physically sick. at times I am hoping the friendly chaps on this site may be able to help me. I have tried to open the Peugeot Planet map on this site but doesnt seem to work for me. I am based in Hampshire and so so desperate to get the car running as it should. The car reminds me of a love affair i once had with an alfa romeo. When it was good it was great yet when it was bad it was rotten.

Any help or advise is very very much appreciated. My mum is selling her 12 year old Ka with 30000miles and i am close to opting out. Please save me from the Ka. Help my Peugeot breath again.

Many thanks in advance. Great forum..,.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mileage a key point.... sorry.

Are you ready.....151000.

purchased with 120000.

Down ban me from the forum know you know the mileage....

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Mileage is important in a FAP car to see if you`re Particle filter is getting clogged, by the way i just sold a 307 with 250,000 miles on it driving great.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should have brought yours!!!!

I think to be fair i have to key problems.

1, since engine repair revs hesitate at around 1850. think this is when the turbo cuts in.

2, every 600 ish miles the engine goes very deep and the car is hesitant. I am then left with 2 options. Drive it like 'Miss Daisy' and it will pass or drive hard and depo light comes on. Not 100% sure but i think (only think as i am a numpty with cars) it may be stopping the forced regenearation....

Dont laugh at me but feels so nice to know there are others out there happy to help. Its like ive spoken to the Samaritans.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
I would guess at your car trying a regen which cause the car to sound throaty and lose power , i would consider getting in touch with Scotscruz and removing your particle filter that would cure most of your problems.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Again thank you.

I have tried (yesterday) to open the Planet Peugeot map but could not locate.

I am in Hampshire or possibly Surrey if you know of anyone.

God i am so happy this place exists. I for once feel confident it can be sorted and i dont have to by mums Ka.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excuse my ignorance but what is a Serbington?

Woking is perfect. Cant believe it, less than 15 minutes away from where i work.

Do you think im being daft??????? I am started to get excited that it is going to work again.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
pugsick said:
Excuse my ignorance but what is a Serbington?

Woking is perfect. Cant believe it, less than 15 minutes away from where i work.

Do you think im being daft??????? I am started to get excited that it is going to work again.
Serbington is a person , no i don`t think your daft

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Phew, im glad.

I work in Camberley (close to Woking) but live in Fareham near Southampton.

Can i ask 1 x more daft question please? ? ?

How do i get in touch with a member that you suggest or do you initiate the lead.

See,, i said i was new to the forum!!

Thanks again

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Serbington is on another forum but we pool or resources when it comes to diagnostics , most of us bought the diagnostic machine for Peugeot which is called Planet , it does nearly everything the dealer can do ,we then for a small fee or beer tokens help each other out , i have sent him a message to come over to this site and read your message then we wait to see if he wants to help.

Fingers Crossed :thumb:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you, its nice to hear so many people out there

I am more than happy to contribute/ beer tokens. It will make a nice change to give the money to someone that shares a mutual feeling for the car.

I will leave you alaone now and wait to see if Serbington gets in touch.

Thanks again,

·
5,087 Posts
am i right in thinking yours is the 2.0 hdi?? if it is i suspect the hesitation may be the EGR valve clogged up, very easy fix and i think cheap to replace even. as for the throatyness that;ll be a regen, mine does this and has since ive had it (4 years) but no eml light on mine.
pleased we can help,its what these forums are for

·
Registered
144 Posts
pugsick said:
Phew, im glad.

I work in Camberley (close to Woking) but live in Fareham near Southampton.

Can i ask 1 x more daft question please? ? ?

How do i get in touch with a member that you suggest or do you initiate the lead.

See,, i said i was new to the forum!!

Thanks again
Isnt kaostheory in Fareham
Don

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
2 x replies.... thank you...

The hestitation has only appeard since the engine rebuild. Initially they had a vacuum pipe on wrong but since then it hesitated around 1850 and 2250. Yes 2.0 HDI

I am far from a mechanic but if it was 'running rough' could this have clogged the EGR valve??. I think my 'depoo' issue is the norm for so many 407 victims but know how good these cars can run and want the good times back.

'''dopn'' thank you and i have seen the kaostheory name mentioned somewhere but unable to locate.

Thanks again to you all.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Stvstx

I used to have a standard generic code reader but aftefr a year my mechanic asked for it back (dont know why!!).

If you are able to help i would appreciate it and be very grateful.

I have tried to contact Kaostheory but unfortunately as a new member i believe i need to have 20 posts????

Sad i know but im getting excited about getting it back to glory...... I may have mentioned previously but been offered my mums Ford Ka and am/ was tempted as ive had such a run of crap luck. Love the looks hate the electrics....

·
Registered
165 Posts
yes 20 posts are needed, just a work of caution with readers other than planet don't do resets the ecu can only handle 50!! sorry to hear your having so much problems, i too have a few wiring problems with the 307. but i'll get those sorted when i can research the bits.
:thumb:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts