Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a 307 xsi 136 hdi 6 speed no eml or any other light on or loss of power but seams to be a bit sooty lately and a soot patch on bumper. Also if I put my foot down to over take there is a huge cloud of smoke. Is it a problem or are they like that. My first pug so not sure. Hope you can help Cheer's Dan.:thumb:

·
Registered
909 Posts
change your air filter to start with. On diesels if there is a shortage of air due to a blocked filter then they kick out black smoke.

They also kick out smoke if they are getting too much fuel but try filter first, will be about £10 for eurocarparts and take around 5-10 mins to swap out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for quick reply I will get one in the morning and try that. It's not using any more fuel than normal. Getting 47/48 to the gallon around town. Cheers Dan

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Thanks for quick reply I will get one in the morning and try that. It's not using any more fuel than normal. Getting 47/48 to the gallon around town. Cheers Dan
could also be egr valve try taking the vacuum pipe off and putting a golf tee in the pipe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Changed air filter was very dirty. Will see on the way to work in the morning. The egr valve is newish a year old. Its had the dpf filter changed the partical oil changed maf sensor done cam sensor done and turbo done in the past 3 years by the work friend who owned it before I bought it from him he spent nearly 1800 pounds on new bits. Looking to get a LEXIA 3 pp2000.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the same engine, and when I first bought it it had the same problem. Previous owner was old and told me the car "had some kind of kickdown that he had never tried". Took the car on a 1300 mile vacation trip, no black smoke ever since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts