Peugeot Forums banner

Computer help needed

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  windy1603 
#1 ·
My pc decided to play up tonight and I could do with advice on easist way to sort it. Went to switch it on as usual tonight andbwhen I clicked on my logon I get a message saying 'unable to
logon. User profile not found' or something like that. It is windows 7 and that account is the only one with administrator rights. I have other user accounts and can get on them but don't know the admin password to restore to an earlier time. Any idea's

not sent from an apple product

#3 ·
Considered it already

not sent from an apple product

#4 ·
If it's a problem with a password then this will help you out

How to Reset Your Windows Password Without an Install CD

Going off your initial post though it sounds as though you are having other problems but the above will list all the accounts in windows and if they have a password it can remove it allowing you to log on without a password. I think it also shows if the accounts are administrators or not. Worth a shot if you have access to another computer to download it and burn to CD

#8 ·
If it's the login failed message linked to above - I've fixed a dozen or more of them and it's literally a 10 minute job if you don't mind tinkering with the registry a bit - alternatively, get the machine to me and I'll sort it for you

#10 ·
Right i'm back in and sorted (i think) for now at least :rolleyes:
Started in safe mode and managed a system restore to an earlier date and it seems ok now. Thanks for all the comments and offer to sort it for me :cool:

Its highlighted the fact that i dont know the administrators password. i meant to sort this years ago when i first bought this pc and never got round to it.

As i bought this as the shop demo from comet it was already setup and working when i bought it so i didnt put any info in myself, anyone got any idea what password Comet might have used OR how can i easily find/reset the password myself ?? We have 4 user accounts but only mine as admin, is it easier to upgrade one of the other accounts to Admin so i can access easier from there if this happens again ??

Also why did this problem occur ?? It was fine when i switched it off then decided to throw a hissy fit on startup.

#12 ·
would that be the same password as the user password?? which none of the user accounts have a pasword

#13 ·
If I was you I'd backup everything and do a complete system recovery to wipe the computer and set it up again. If it's been on the shop floor you don't really know what has been put on it.
Depending on the make of PC you should be able to access the factory restore by pressing one of the F keys on boot.
As to why the problem occurred? There are various reasons, such a dodgy windows update patch, failed disk write, it being Microsoft software....
There are tools that you can use to reset the account passwords if you don't want to reinstall.

#15 ·
but if i do that won't i have to reinstall all my programs ?? some of which were on a free download so i would just lose them. is that right ??

#17 ·
Have a look around for Kon-Boot. There are some free additions about. Its a small ISO that you burn to CD. Boot from the CD and windows loads and you just leave password blank and click etc and it bypasses the password without making any changes to PC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.