Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peugeot 3008 (2017) Comprehensive Insurance (at least that's what we call it):
Has anyone anything to say about the cost associated with the fully loaded GT being reflected in a significant cost increase?.
I read recently that all the new fangled 'safety' equipment is causing a significant blowout in replacement costs.

· Registered
160 Posts
Has anyone anything to say about the cost associated with the fully loaded GT being reflected in a significant cost increase?.
I read recently that all the new fangled 'safety' equipment is causing a significant blowout in replacement costs.
Just compared the insurance prices here using the online calculator one insurance company offers. The mandatory and voluntary (Kasko) insurance would be around 750 euros per year for a GT 2.0 BlueHDI and about 600 euros for an Allure 1.6 BlueHDI.

I reckon the difference comes from the higher list price of the GT and the higher power engine. The GT is more expensive to replace in case it gets totalled.

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just compared the insurance prices here using the online calculator one insurance company offers. The mandatory and voluntary (Kasko) insurance would be around 750 euros per year for a GT 2.0 BlueHDI and about 600 euros for an Allure 1.6 BlueHDI.

I reckon the difference comes from the higher list price of the GT and the higher power engine. The GT is more expensive to replace in case it gets totalled.
I recon a minor shunt isn't going to be a minor one particularly with all this radar stuff added on.
We are now down to 1 car to save on annuals but I doubt if there will be much saved on insurance with all this high end complexity.

· Registered
160 Posts
I recon a minor shunt isn't going to be a minor one particularly with all this radar stuff added on.
We are now down to 1 car to save on annuals but I doubt if there will be much saved on insurance with all this high end complexity.
By the way, the insurance cost for my current 2007 VW Passat 2.0 TDI from the same insurance company would be 670 euros, so the 1.6 diesel Allure I'm getting is actually going to be cheaper than my old car when it comes to insurance!

Maybe all that high end complexity is helping me to stay on the road and not crash on to anything and thus actually lowering the insurance cost! ;)

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
?...

Maybe all that high end complexity is helping me to stay on the road and not crash on to anything and thus actually lowering the insurance cost! ;)
I'm of the opinion that it's likely to end up with more distracted drivers engaged in their social media 'commitments'. Not to mention those who eat the weeties from a bowl on their lap on their way to work, adjusting their makeup etc.
This transition period to full autonomy is fraught with possibilities to me.:eek:

· Registered
5,942 Posts
Or it could be argued that the older cars are more likely to be written off even if the damage isn't too significant (more CAT B & CAT C cars available for the rest of us to choose from).

· Registered
420 Posts
It's not possible to compare the insurance on two different cars, with two different people in two different countries :p The only thing that is comparable is that the more expensive car is more expensive to have insurance on.

Just look at the differences between Finland (@olli_tr) and Norway (me). We have almost the same climate, are neighbours, and have almost the same culture, still the differences are massive:

Allure 1,6 diesel 150hp is €450
GT 2,0 diesel 180hp is €530

Those prices take into account that SUV's are more likely to crash than other segments (in Norway that is).

For me, the difference between the two are about 18%, for olli_tr it is about 25% difference.

· Registered
272 Posts
Quite the opposite, the safety systems lower the insurance group! My insurance for the year is £199! £50 less than the Qashqai which also had auto braking. Apparently Peugeot have been clever for example by pushing the bonnet backwards so minor shunts are just a replacement bumper not a bonnet as well.

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (41.3mpg)

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quite the opposite, the safety systems lower the insurance group! My insurance for the year is £199! £50 less than the Qashqai which also had auto braking. Apparently Peugeot have been clever for example by pushing the bonnet backwards so minor shunts are just a replacement bumper not a bonnet as well.

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (41.3mpg)
Excellent!
I shall quote you summerjunk.

· Registered
765 Posts
Not sure I can really comment with regard to Australia. But I only expect insurance to be about £200. That's what my DS5 DSport is and that's a more expensive and has similar levels of tech to the GT.

· Registered
5,942 Posts
Either way the white goods are becoming more complex.
Go on then, my brain is tired but fpr the life of me I fail to see what white goods have to do with cars and car insurance.

White goods are kitchen appliances - so called because when washing machines and fridges etc first started to become affordable you could get them in any colour you wanted as long as it was white.

· Registered
509 Posts
Ouch. Just over £200 for us I think.
If you think that is bad. I just did a quick meerkat search and for us it's £1000 for the GT. That's me and my wife, 34 and 37 years of age with 8 years NCB.

That's what you get for having a Bradford postcode I guess. If I remember rightly that is £400 more than our Kia Pro Cee'd GT tech which is sportier looking, more powerful and I guess a more preferable car to steal. Madness if you ask me!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.