Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day!

I have a 2007 Peugeot 407 with a broken head unit that needs replacing.
The broken head unit is a rt3 with part number (?) 96640242YP, please see below picture.

Can this be replaced with any rt3 unit even if the number that I interpret as a part number is not the same?
Or does the replacement need to be an exact match?

The car does have the JBL hi-fi package and reverse sensors, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
ANY RT3. You will need Peugeot Diagnostics to recode it though and then program or delete the various options you have.

iirc best if you get it from a 407 but theoretically you could use one from any Peugeot and swap the fascia over.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's RT4 that you've got!
Regardless of the RT3 shown on the label, Magneti Marelli used sub-naming the RT4 as RT3 ev (evolved) or RT3 e2 (2nd edition).

By design it's also cler that you've got RT4 as it has additional battery on the left so it doens't drain car's battery with ignition off (no side-battery on RT3), a 10 pin LVDS cable on the back is visible (metal plug) that sends picture to the screen (RT3 uses two optic fibre cables), and the upper frame here is a solid plate whereas on RT3 it's all in "cheese holes" as RT3 doesn't have internal cooling fan but the separate fan unit above the radio (RT4 has an internal one - hence the upper casing closed)...

Part number isn't relevant. Any RT4 (as said above) will do! If it comes from a 407 then it's a less hassle in telecoding (VIN for sure, but maybe nothing else, depending on the donor and your car's equipment match)...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I replaced mine with an android tablet.... I cant find the same one but it was similar to this

when I installed it... it changed the miles on my dash clocks to kilometers. I havnt found a way to fix that. a bit anoying but i live with it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts