Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a faulty comms unit can this cause my car to cut out? It keeps cutting out and losing power.

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
No the comm unit has nothing to do with running of engine other than reading the key to allow starting but whatever is causing the engine to cut out COULD be affecting the supply to the comms unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks it keeps displaying depollution fault but that always displays if there's something wrong. People keep saying it's probably my egr valve or dpf but not sure if my car has a dpf as it's quite old

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
You really need to get PP2000/Diagbox on it to help diagnose the fault. Guesswork and Parts Roulette is expensive and frustrating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell me about it, had loads of repairs on it lately. I have no idea about cars all I know is I need a reliable one so I think I am going to get rid of this one. The garage plugs it in but it comes up with all sorts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I've had it plugged in and it's saying an intermident problem with my fuel pressure system.

·
5,978 Posts
If its a diesel the first thing to try is changing the fuel filter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apparently it wouldn't be the fuel filter as the engine light wouldn't come on for that so the garage is thinking the fuel sensor

·
5,978 Posts
The garage are wrong a blocked fuel filter often triggers a low fuel pressure fault as the pump cannot suck enough fuel through the filter when engine is under load.

One other known fault is a sticking fuel pressure regulator which often give a high pressure fault. Both of these are more common than sensor failure

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK are they an expensive job. The garage did say that was a possibility they said they would have to look at the car properly to find out for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts