Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My MOT is due at the beginning of October and I need to replace my Comms 200 unit because the blue airbag connector has snapped off. My units model number is 96511196XT but i cannot fine one with the same part number anywhere. My car is a 307 2001 1.4 Style. Ive seen Many which look the same but have different numbers

I was wondering if anyone knows of a list of the part numbers i can check for compatibility or if there is any way of checking on the internet to see if another one with a different number is compatible?

any help with this would really be appreciated

Thanks in advance

·
5,886 Posts
Air bag light MOT requirement are still suspended by VOSA so if you get in quick it won't be a testable item for the MOT which will give you a bit of time to source a replacement. I thing BBA-reman offer a repair service on these units.

You may also find service box lists other part no's for replacement

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Windy,

Thanks for the quick reply, Thats good news hopefully ill get away with it then!

With regards to service box, I have just logged in for the first time but i cant seem to find the part numbers for anything anywhere!

i have typed in my vin and my car came up and i picked Electrical section > under steering wheel controls> and SWITCHING BLOCK REMOTE CONTROL is listed which i am assuming is the correct part because it the only part listed and it is also under signaling

However i cannot seem to find the part numbers for anything.

Can anyone please help?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Is anyone able to tell me how to get the part numbers on Servicebox, i still cannot see them anywhere

I am looking for all the comms 2000 unit which are compatible with my car

ny help with this would really be appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Once you find the com unit part. , click on it then go to bottom of page , click any of the diagram options and it'll open up a picture of the com unit with part numbers to the right of it.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

My MOT is due at the beginning of October and I need to replace my Comms 200 unit because the blue airbag connector has snapped off. My units model number is 96511196XT but i cannot fine one with the same part number anywhere. My car is a 307 2001 1.4 Style. Ive seen Many which look the same but have different numbers

I was wondering if anyone knows of a list of the part numbers i can check for compatibility or if there is any way of checking on the internet to see if another one with a different number is compatible?

any help with this would really be appreciated

Thanks in advance
I have the same unit in my car,Hard to find and these units can only be purchased from the main dealer unless you are lucky to find one. I was quoted £377.00 plus vat. The problem with mine was the lights was on when turned off in the off position,the horn didnt work and also the indicators did not work. I stipped it all down and found the contacts in the light stalk had arced together. I searched for the cheapest stalk and i managed to get a comms unit with a different code,everything worked apart from this time i had a esp and abs fault,so i stripped out the light stalk and swapped them over to my old unit. Also the blue plug on these units are different from the other 307's. Suggestion for your blue aitbag connector is if you strip the unit down you will find it is one long ribbon cable ,get any unit and change the ribbon cable.

·
5,886 Posts
look on carparts4less enter reg no and under electrical section you can select unit based on what you have front fogs, trip etc. Changed the one on my dads 307 SW (added trip function upgrade) and cost about £140 ish with discount code

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I have the same unit in my car,Hard to find and these units can only be purchased from the main dealer unless you are lucky to find one. I was quoted £377.00 plus vat. The problem with mine was the lights was on when turned off in the off position,the horn didnt work and also the indicators did not work. I stipped it all down and found the contacts in the light stalk had arced together. I searched for the cheapest stalk and i managed to get a comms unit with a different code,everything worked apart from this time i had a esp and abs fault,so i stripped out the light stalk and swapped them over to my old unit. Also the blue plug on these units are different from the other 307's. Suggestion for your blue aitbag connector is if you strip the unit down you will find it is one long ribbon cable ,get any unit and change the ribbon cable.
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/buying-comm2000-32281/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts