Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could it be a leaking exhaust that may be causing the hissing? Just an idea..
No we had the exhaust system off last weekend, its definately under the bonnet, if would have sworn it was the turbo hose lol i have had a few split hoses on various cars and its that noise.

Think i might get my party smoke machine out and fog the engine and see if i can see any leaks, what do you reckon?

·
Registered
86 Posts
No we had the exhaust system off last weekend, its definately under the bonnet, if would have sworn it was the turbo hose lol i have had a few split hoses on various cars and its that noise.

Think i might get my party smoke machine out and fog the engine and see if i can see any leaks, what do you reckon?
sorry don't know much about the VAC system either :(

·
5,886 Posts
Unlikely vac leak would make such a loud noise. I would go for exhaust and/or turbo pipes if 110 also check intercooler for damage/split and small connector hoses from turbo to plastic duct which runs under bell housing

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check the orange rubber sleeve on the turbo pipe, that can split and break if forced on when dry or fastened too tightly.
I will do that monday at the workshop, no intercooler on this one (2.0 (90) .

It kinda hisstles (thats my word for hiss and whistle combo lol) when i let off the accelerator if thats significant?

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts