Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i bought my 307 and realised the air con was not working so i managed to get it back in to the garage i bought it from still under the 3 month warranty period, he told me it was a small valve like a core in a tyre valve had gone he had re-gased and i was on my way all chilled with the air -con working, i use a van for work so dont use the car that often so prob about 3 weeks later i tried the air-con again and it was warm.

i was wondering if theres any common fault with these air con systems and hopefully if theres a quick fix.

its a 307 sw on a 56 plate

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i think they would run the uv dye through the system and use a uv light to show up any leaks, a few of my customers have this capability so i might see if they can do me a deal

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i went to kwikfit to get mine regassed, after 30 mins they said i had a leak...dont know where and dont have the capabilities to find out. but didnt pay a penny.

booked it into dealer for payday, they quoted £65 for leak test. then however much to fix the fault...they did say though the leak test will be free if they find the fault and fix it. cant complain really.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have heard some really bad storys about kwikfit, dunno if i will ever take my car to one.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
kwikfit are monkeys,

on friday morring was talking to the brother and started my car and he told me theres a blow out on my car so i went to my local kwikfit and asked the guy would he check to see if theres a blow out and he said he would check it i went out side with him and into the bay and he tells me my turbo is blew i asked how do you know and points to the black smoke around a clamp i said car pulls fine and tells me its still working but on lower boost any how take the car to ATS and the guy told me its the clamp new one on and no more blow out :thumb:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
theres been some bad press on kwikfit in the past with the likes of watchdog and such like. i am a firm fan of the independent garage and not franchise and dealerships, well its what we all want thats why block exemption was brought out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts