Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the 407 is currently on hold until I sort out this problem.

I got a knock on the door last night at almost midnight, it was the neighbour to tell me I had left my side lights on, doh I thought so grabbed my keys and went to turn them off, the thing is...... They are already turned off. I've been having a few problems with the auto head lights of late so I knew the comm unit was playing up.

After a little while they turned off, only to come back on again themselves when I checked half an hour later.

So I thought, I'll get the laptop out and disable the auto headlights with PP and see if that does anything. Laptop won't boot, no boot device, great.

Anyway, I took the fuses out for the side lights.

I now need to know the part number for the comm unit for my vehicle so I can find a second hand one, if I ping the last 8 to someone with service box can they tell me the part number?

I'd no it myself but the laptop is buffered, damn SSD

Cheers

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, how is the airbag removed and what size nut holds the steering wheel on?

If someone knows the removal procedure in text or diagrams/pictures that would be a great help.

Cheers

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
part no on service box no good to you as thats NOT the part no ebayers use they use the manufacturers no XT9678453 whatever peugeots number is a 6 digit number like 2042WH etc thats just a made up number :)

Number does not matter anyway its the FUNCTIONS that matter this is well documented you need to match ALL the functions and if your car has ESP only an ESP unit will fit.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found one on eBay that has all the correct functions on but not sure it's off a car with ESP, is there any way of being able to tell by looking at it? extra cable/plug etc?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts