Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently changed my comm 2000 unit on my 307 however since the change the esp light is on and has an intermittent abs fault.

my car is 2002 and the replacment unit came from a 2006 car would this matter?

Any way of cancelling the faults?

Also the car sometimes just keeps turning over and not starting when trying to start this is maybe once in every 15 times the car is started?

thanks for all replys guys first time poster look timer lurker!

Car is a 2002 2.0 hdi 110bhp remapped to 140 and dpf delete has also been done

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the replacement unit came from a car with esp could the difference in years be affecting it?

how would i go about calibrating the esp?

cheers for the replys lads!

·
Registered
741 Posts
With Peugeot Planet or Diagbox. Can't remember the exact menus but you can do it under either Configuration or Replacement Parts for the Comms Unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Planet is the software peugeot use and quite a few members on here have it

Esp will need calibrated it uses the steering angle sensor in the com2000 unit
thanks for the reply!

does anyone on here have peugeot planet in the munster region of ireland?

could the starting and abs fault all be related to the comm unit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi
I replaced my comms 2000 with an identical unit on my 110bhp 307SW 2.0 hdi 2003 about 4 months ago car has never started since have replaced ECU BSI KEY TRANSPONDER IGNITION BARREL & KEy all off the same donor car still will not start have cleaned all earths tried tow starting still will not start.
WILL THE COMMS UNIT STOP IT STARTING??? at the end of my tether!! any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
hi
I replaced my comms 2000 with an identical unit on my 110bhp 307SW 2.0 hdi 2003 about 4 months ago car has never started since have replaced ECU BSI KEY TRANSPONDER IGNITION BARREL & KEy all off the same donor car still will not start have cleaned all earths tried tow starting still will not start.
WILL THE COMMS UNIT STOP IT STARTING??? at the end of my tether!! any ideas would be appreciated.
yes a comms unit could stop it starting so could a damage wire to comms unit or a wire not clipped in properly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Indicating right was turning on the lights. It chimes for lights on but not for key in ignition.

After 5 diagnostics and key coding and exhausting everything general thought was BSI cheaper to change all than send away BSI for fixing. I am on the second replacement set as first made no difference NOW BELIEVE ITS THE COMMS 2000 BOUGHT SECOND HAND!!!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I had a problem with lights staying on and Indicators playing up It was sorted by posting it off to Trustme the poster above your last post

He repaired the unit :)

have you still got your old unit ? If so he may be able to fix it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been an idiot today and decided to have a go fixing it but ended up ruining it so I now need a replacement. 307 SW 2.0hdi 110BHP with ESP 5 plugs blue into black
Wished I had left it to the experts!!!!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Been an idiot today and decided to have a go fixing it but ended up ruining it so I now need a replacement. 307 SW 2.0hdi 110BHP with ESP 5 plugs blue into black
Wished I had left it to the experts!!!!
Oh dear . not good this is why I prefer to get an expert job I researched how difficult the repair was and the got someone else to do it (£44 ) including express delivery back to me as opposed to scrapping it myself

It could still be salvageable why not ask trustme to give it a look and he sometimes has them for sale

1 - 19 of 19 Posts