Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I removed and repaired the indicator stalk (comm 2000) on my 206, I regreased the return spring at the end of the stalk which had gunked up.
However i now have the airbag light which wasnt there before.
Also when i reconnected the battery, the wipers when used for the frist time go for about 8 wipes with the washers on constant then they stop along with the washer, the wipers will then work ok as needed but the washer does nothing at all.

Is there a correct learning proceedure the comm 2000 has to go through or have i missed something else when reconnecting the battery?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
The comm 2000 either works or doesn`t no relearning or coding needed, maybe you damaged the ribbon, only thing i can think is try a BSI reset and cross your fingers.

Taking one apart myself tonight .:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Mate, did you have much trouble getting the comm 2000 unit apart and is the repair still OK?

I want to have a go repairing it (indicator fecked) as not paying £130 for a new one!

Thanks

Timo

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
timob74 said:
Hi Mate, did you have much trouble getting the comm 2000 unit apart and is the repair still OK?

I want to have a go repairing it (indicator fecked) as not paying £130 for a new one!

Thanks

Timo
You`ll need another the same as yours with a faulty airbag and yes mine still working fine .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow how did you know about the faulty airbag, are you psychic? Seriously though where abouts is the connector that i need to clean or solder. Had a quick look under seat (without removing) and couldnt see anything?

Also any pointers for taking the com2000 unit apart. Can you separate diff sections of the backplate or is it all off in one go and take cover for flying shrapnel?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
i meant its cheaper finding one that has an airbag fault as this is in the top half of the comm 2000 unit and you only need the bottom half unless you have an airbag fault?
When taking them apart the older ones are not as fiddly as the newer ones ,you can`t take it apart and fix the worn part in a pre 2004 one it has to be replaced, i haven`t tried to fix the newer ones (i have taken one apart though ) but yes they do fall apart in your hands.

Details of car ? Details of all faults warning signs ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ah Master Peugeot-San! I am just a simple padawan...

2003 1.4 206 HDi - faults:

- indicator stalk, indicate right, then also get left indication once you straighten up (I've had to change my driving style)
- airbag light permanently on
- new feature on way home from work....engine management light - stays on, doesnt go off once you turn ignition on/off!!!

There is more issues with it but I love driving the little roller skate. Please Enlighten me Master!

Thanks

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
timob74 said:
Ah Master Peugeot-San! I am just a simple padawan...

2003 1.4 206 HDi - faults:

- indicator stalk, indicate right, then also get left indication once you straighten up (I've had to change my driving style)
- airbag light permanently on
- new feature on way home from work....engine management light - stays on, doesnt go off once you turn ignition on/off!!!

There is more issues with it but I love driving the little roller skate. Please Enlighten me Master!

Thanks
You need it on a diag machine ,peugeot planet if possible for engine light (would say seperate issue ), check scrapyards for comm 2000 expect to pay £50 / £60 not fitted might cure both your airbag and indicator, make sur and check the one you get hasn`t got a lose indicator but you should have seven days to return.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi betty you know what your talking bout is there any difference in the comm 2000 units i have a worn indicator stalk but everyone i ask about it says that it has to be an exact part number. Is this true or can i replace with any that has the same features? 2002 307 rapier 90hp 2.0 hdi

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was also wondering if you could fit one of the basic comm2000 units. i.e mine has stereo remote on it but dont need as aftermarket stereo fitted. Can I just buy the cheapest comm2000 as the other units must be extra stalk for cruise control, etc.?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
timob74 said:
I was also wondering if you could fit one of the basic comm2000 units. i.e mine has stereo remote on it but dont need as aftermarket stereo fitted. Can I just buy the cheapest comm2000 as the other units must be extra stalk for cruise control, etc.?
The stereo stalk is removable all comm units have the space for it to be attached.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
jarvo28 said:
hi betty you know what your talking bout is there any difference in the comm 2000 units i have a worn indicator stalk but everyone i ask about it says that it has to be an exact part number. Is this true or can i replace with any that has the same features? 2002 307 rapier 90hp 2.0 hdi
As far as i am aware if you get the ones with the same colour connection leads it should be ok, but i`m about 90% sure on that only.

·
Registered
22 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
When taking them apart the older ones are not as fiddly as the newer ones ,you can`t take it apart and fix the worn part in a pre 2004 one it has to be replaced, i haven`t tried to fix the newer ones (i have taken one apart though ) but yes they do fall apart in your hands.
Hi again. I am going to have a go at repair this weekend. In above do you mean the pre 2004 ones are easier to fix?

Is the back of Com2000 unit screwed together or is it delicate plastic clips?

Any pointers you think might be useful. I am going to take some photo's to post on here if I am successful :confused:

Thanks again

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
pre 2004 are easy to take apart , less pieces , take your time and slowly go round the middle prising it apart , the part that turns has the airbag ribbon in it so make sure your steering wheel is dead centre taking it off and don`t turn the centre piece while you have it apart or when you put it back on it`ll break , unless you have another comm 2000 unit with a faulty airbag i would suggest not opening it as the indicator can not be fixed as far as i know, take your comm unit off check make and model take pictures of cables going into it and post here , i`ll see if i can get you one thats faulty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
comm 2000 stripdown

I followed the above instructions today and took apart my comm 2000 unit, car is a 53 plate 1.4Hdi SW. I took a couple of photos which folks may appreciate

I had the right side indicator flashing at double speed - this indicates high resistance/ open circuit somewhere in the indicator current path. I changed bulbs, cleaned connections, no joy. so decided to disassemble this unit. The 2nd photo shows that there are tracks on the circuit board under a set of 4 sprung contacts from the indicator stalk on one side and the wiper stalk on the other. These were dirty - in the photo I have cleaned the indicator side tracks only. These are the only moving electrical contacts - not like the older arrangement which I believe was susceptible to metal filings building up and causing shorts. Well, I thought this would be the fix, but no. It just turned out to be a bad earth connection at the rear right light cluster after all that! If I had looked closer I would have seen the rear lights bulb coming on faintly each time the right indicator bulb was on.

Well at least I know how to strip a comms 2000 unit now! Its not too bad just take it steady not ham fisted. There are no really tricky points. Steering wheel Torx is T50 - got nice 10pcs set (Bergen) 3/8" drive off Amazon for £10. Small torx needed is T20.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
The comm 2000 units are compatible between french model cars, meaning that even a citroen stalk would work on your peugeot. You're correct. Just be aware of the functionality to the indicator/wiper stalks, it would avoid confusion. You can also try to buy an indicator as a standalone part and try to replace it. Look on youtube there's a few videos of full teardown of the unit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts