Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My 2003 307sw has a problem with the fog light switch on the comm 2000 stalk (Dav), and I have MOT due this month, which will fail it.

I purchased a secondhand comm 2000 off of ebay, and installed it today. The second unit is a Delphi. The install went fine, other that the fact that I couldn't plug the black cable into the black socket, as it seemed to be keyed slightly differently. The only difference I could see between the two units was that on the original Dav the black socket is in the centre and on the Delphi its to one side. I left the black lead unplugged and tested the unit before reassembly, and lights indicators wipers all seemed to be working fine, so I decided to leave the black one unplugged.

I thought everything was working fine, but very shortly noticed that I have the problem that google tells me is reasonably common with the Delphi units - I indicate to the right, the light flashes 3 times and then the head lights turn on. If I then return the indicator stalk to the centre, the lights go off. If I indicate to the right with the lights turned on, everything works fine. This will obviously fail MOT too.

So, my questions...

Is the cause of the indicator problem the fact that the black lead isn't plugged in, or is the unit faulty elsewhere?

Can I trim the small keyed bit on the black plug and fit it without destroying something, and will this fix it?

If not, is there a fix for the Delphi indicator problem?

Did I buy the wrong one? (eg, is this an ESP comm unit, when mine doesn't have ESP etc)

Is there a fix for the fog lights on the old Dav unit? I've had it apart, and had a multi meter on the leads coming out of that stalk, but can't get anything from it - I took the small board out that sits in there for the lights to work, and that might be faulty.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
14,634 Posts
Sounds like the unit is faulty AND its an esp one :)

Saying that yours being an estate it may well have ESP anyway as most estates do have it but not all have the switch to turn it off

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the unit is faulty AND its an esp one :)

Saying that yours being an estate it may well have ESP anyway as most estates do have it but not all have the switch to turn it off
Thanks mate - So, you'd say the fault with the unit isn't related to the black lead not being connected?

I don't think mine is ESP - I have the 5 seat SW, rather than the 7 seat variant, which seems to be more optioned that the 5. Plus, the original Comm was a Dav, and I don't think they support ESP at all...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lead not connected is not causing your issue no

The lead not connected is probably for ESP though :)

Thats assuming the car is actually starting and driving etc
Thanks again!

Car drives fine, so that confirms that the ebay seller sold me a part he didn't test fully - I've requested a return, and don't expect any hassles getting my money back!

What a pain in the ass to have to change it again!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
The delphi unit is faulty.

If you had a dav unit on it then the connector on the cars wiring look will be black and if it had esp it would have been a delphi unit with a blue connection on the cars wiring loom

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think the black connector is to do with the power steering but dont quote me on that
I think you might be right about that - the DAV unit has a small PCB that the black lead plugs into and it has a ring that runs around with the wheel...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unsure if im allowed to link

Hi All,

My 2003 307sw has a problem with the fog light switch on the comm 2000 stalk (Dav), and I have MOT due this month, which will fail it.

I purchased a secondhand comm 2000 off of ebay, and installed it today. The second unit is a Delphi. The install went fine, other that the fact that I couldn't plug the black cable into the black socket, as it seemed to be keyed slightly differently. The only difference I could see between the two units was that on the original Dav the black socket is in the centre and on the Delphi its to one side. I left the black lead unplugged and tested the unit before reassembly, and lights indicators wipers all seemed to be working fine, so I decided to leave the black one unplugged.

I thought everything was working fine, but very shortly noticed that I have the problem that google tells me is reasonably common with the Delphi units - I indicate to the right, the light flashes 3 times and then the head lights turn on. If I then return the indicator stalk to the centre, the lights go off. If I indicate to the right with the lights turned on, everything works fine. This will obviously fail MOT too.

So, my questions...

Is the cause of the indicator problem the fact that the black lead isn't plugged in, or is the unit faulty elsewhere?

Can I trim the small keyed bit on the black plug and fit it without destroying something, and will this fix it?

If not, is there a fix for the Delphi indicator problem?

Did I buy the wrong one? (eg, is this an ESP comm unit, when mine doesn't have ESP etc)

Is there a fix for the fog lights on the old Dav unit? I've had it apart, and had a multi meter on the leads coming out of that stalk, but can't get anything from it - I took the small board out that sits in there for the lights to work, and that might be faulty.

Thanks everyone!
When i had a 206 a couple of years ago, there was a service offered on ebay of a guy that would referb your own unit , i used him a couple of times, very good and reasonable. If you drop me a pm i will give you his number, i dont know if im allowed to post a link for that and so to be on the safe side pm me if you think it will help you. Only other thing i would add is that it was a top class service and i know peugeot used to use him for a myriad of things that they couldnt sort out lol, so im pretty sure he is good.

·
Registered
365 Posts
When i had a 206 a couple of years ago, there was a service offered on ebay of a guy that would referb your own unit , i used him a couple of times, very good and reasonable. If you drop me a pm i will give you his number, i dont know if im allowed to post a link for that and so to be on the safe side pm me if you think it will help you. Only other thing i would add is that it was a top class service and i know peugeot used to use him for a myriad of things that they couldnt sort out lol, so im pretty sure he is good.
That was trustme. He has posted on this thread.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Fellas - I'm sorted for now - got a refund on the Delphi unit, and got a Dav installed that sorts the fog light issue. Mind you, I've had one instance of indicate left when cancelling right, so it might need to come out again... Passed MOT though, so good for a bit :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts