Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

So I have a 2007 Facelift 307cc 1.6i Petrol, It has a few.. issues, the one I'm working on at the moment I'd just like to run it by you and see if you think it's the same conclusion I came to, or whether I'm barking up the wrong tree altogether.

Issue Description: Remote Central Locking doesn't work, and the passenger door and boot will only open in the following sequence. Unlock driver's door, key in ignition, passenger door will unlock, once passenger door is open boot will unlock.

Part Two. When key goes in ignition the wipers will start, and dipped headlights come on. This doesn't happen everytime.

No key left in ignition alarm or lights on alarm start when door is opened.

Investigation Steps: Changed battery in remote, carried out resyncing. No change. Checked Fuses. All Good. Reboot BSI(Battery Disconnect)x3. No change. Checked Faults on Diagbox. High Frequency Receiver not present. Changed to present. Communication error. Actuator test on central locking. All unlock on commands. Checked controls under steering wheel on Diagbox. All respond to command inputs including audible alarms. 2 keys with car. 1 works to start engine 2nd doesn't. Try to recode second key to car. it faults out. These appear to be the original keys, as the code card still had the security label over the code.

Root Cause: With the intermittent fault of lights and wiper on insertion into the ignition, plus I'm assuming from old posts that the HF receiver is in the Comm 2000, and the fact that no audible sounds for lights and key are heard, although seatbelt and fuel low are audible. There is possibly a short on the PCB Board.

Problem Fix: Source replacement Comm 2000. Service Box says that I have a RP98 070 054 XT. I haven't found this one on Ebay. Will any one from this year on work. Or would I need to be very specific in it's replacement.

I haven't stripped anything down to actually check for continuity and voltages, at the moment as this is my wifes daily driver, and she gets nervous when she see me heading out the back with her keys, laptop, and a multimeter.

This car is great, it's way better than Sudoku.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone changed the Comm 2000 due to a faulty HF Receiver at least? That may point me in the right direction.:confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that, it looks like a bargain. I'm tempted and it has cruise control also, I'll probably bite the bullet, check how many plugs mine, and take a punt. I'd be interested purely from an understanding of how it all works . :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update to problem fix.

So after going down a few different rabbit holes trying to resolve the few electrical issues I was having, in addition to the ones above, my MFD was resetting upon initiating a key turn.

I resolved all my issues with one cost free and simple(although not in time)fix.

I checked my fuses in the glove box and noticed that the shunt fuse had a possible two positions, and it didn't seem to line up with where it showed it in the manual, so I moved it to the right, crossed my fingers, prayed to the gods of Peugeot, and turned on the ignition. Reset the time on the mfd. Turned off ignition, turned back on, and there it was just serenely showing me the time and date where all my problems had ended. So whilst they were still smiling down at me, I resynced my remote, lo and behold, the hefty clunk of central locking sounded in my ear, as the smile grew wider on my face, I thought could we get three for three. Turned on the lights and opened the door, and what did I hear in the background but a beeping that sounded like water running down a mountain stream.

Booted up Diagbox, ran global tests. Outcome. Fault free.

Conclusion: The simplest problems can be the most rewarding.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts