Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure that the car has a COM2000, but I am still checking. I am pretty new to Peugeot's

When I got the car, the whole thing was working OK, except the fact that it did not restore the turn signal from left to off.

I tried to (though not very good at this) take it out, disassemble it and maybe see what is wrong. I failed. I put it all back together, and decide to live with it, ie reset the turn signal after a left turn manually. My mechanic is aware of this and has told me that I need a new unit.

After about ten days I got the ABS Fault and my mechanic (after several resets) said that it's the COM unit and I can do nothing about it. I need to replace.

My COM unit has the 96439233XT code on a sticker.

Opinions?
Anyone has any for sale? I can find many used units here, but none is the right type

·
Registered
207 Posts
what are the simptoms of the abs fault? it doesn't have to be the comms... 307s are well known for their abs issues... most of the time it is just a sensor issue. have a look at this thread might be of some help http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/how-fix-abs-fault-24260/

can you provide more info on the car?
as for comms units for sale trustme is your man.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what are the simptoms of the abs fault? it doesn't have to be the comms... 307s are well known for their abs issues... most of the time it is just a sensor issue. have a look at this thread might be of some help http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/how-fix-abs-fault-24260/

can you provide more info on the car?
as for comms units for sale trustme is your man.
I actually did not check the sensor ABS issue, because my mechanic said it was a com issue.

On the other hand, when I tried to fix the com myself, I had an ABS fault, and the mechanic said that I did not do the right sequence removing the com, and he did a reset then. After 10-15 days and no tampering with the com, it produced the ABS fault again, which led to believe it the com's fault. And then again, when the mechanic did a full service 15 days ago, and checked the whole car he did not find any problems with the sensors.

When you say more info on the car?

I can give you the VIN which is VF33CNFUB82173909.

Other than that, it's a 5 door LHD, 1.6l petrol, 2001, the com has Auto Lights, Auto wipers, Fog lights. If you need any other info, just ask.

Yup, I will contact trustme :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for this, but I tried to find a faulty replacement so I can send it to you but failed. I need the car to be operative.

If I cannot find a solution in my local market I will probably buy one from you
, cheers :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts