Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Colours , just a question about colours , i have ordered the Amanzonite Grey, and to be quitely honest about it , i may not like it , so my question is , has anybody here in Northern Ireland bought one that colour , and on colours , today within one mile of each other i seen a red one and a white one ...Thanks :thumb:

· Registered
80 Posts
I ordered mine in sunset copper. The only one I have seen in amazonite grey was on a GT at Charles hurst in Belfast. TBH it isn't my favourite colour but everybody will have their own opinion. I think it is actually better looking in the flesh though

· Administrator
2,124 Posts
I would agree with Lowney that the colours look so much better in the flesh.

I didn't like the Nimbus grey that much on the configurator, but loved it when I saw the demo car in it.

As for Amazonite, I really liked it but thought Nimbus sparkled that bit more in the sun.

· Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up my red GT line on Thursday and love the colour...(live just outside Lisburn) ...seen the amazonite gt in hursts well it was the two tone finish and the amazonite part looked better in flesh I feel than pics / print

Colour is taste n subjective...if you like so what if it's not to everyone's taste ...as long as you are happy...tbh the colour I like in it least is the sunset copper but others wil love it n that's their bag ...

· Registered
1,616 Posts
When I was getting prices I said to one dealer I want the grey and he said there are two, Amazonite with a green tinge and Nimbus grey, it was the Nimbus I had seen and wanted and didn't like the idea of the Amazonite. I have since seen it in the flesh and in some light it definitely appears slightly green but I must admit I like it and don't think you will be disappointed with your choice. I don't think many members have chosen the colour so at least you will stand out from the crowd!

· Registered
36 Posts
I ordered mine in sunset copper. The only one I have seen in amazonite grey was on a GT at Charles hurst in Belfast. TBH it isn't my favourite colour but everybody will have their own opinion. I think it is actually better looking in the flesh though
Here is a picture of my car, everybody likes the colour so you won't be disappointed. I felt the same as you until I saw the car.

Attachments

· Registered
53 Posts
I was torn between blue and the sunset copper but finally opted for the cooper in the end. They were doing a handover of a copper one when I went for a test drive and it looked amazing in the sunshine, the difference between the colour in the brochure and in real life was unbelievable so as they only had the copper and greys in the showroom I decided not to go for the blue as I wasn't sure how bright it would be.
Haven't seen a single one on the road yet round here but I'm sure that will change before mine arrives

· Registered
544 Posts
Well as you've already been told many times, mine is Sunset Copper and I had decided on that long before I actually ordered it as I'm very partial to orange/bronze/copper tones. After I'd put in my order I decided to trace one at a dealers near to where I work and I must admit it was much darker than I expected. I decided that I still liked the colour even though in some conditions it looked more like a golden brown and as the only other colour I really liked was the red and I couldn't actually afford that, I realised that I needed to stick with my first choice.

Since picking it up Ive had a lot of favourable comments about the colour and seeing it in the sunshine I now know that I've made the right choice as it's a lovely warm colour.

I've actually seen most of the other colours now except I've not seen Hurricane Grey or any of the Coupe Franche colours. The Amazonite Grey is a nice colour and I really like it although, as I've said before, it does look to be a khaki/green colour and I bet it looks fantastic parked next to mine.

· Registered
765 Posts
Thanks to all for the comments about the colour , meanwhile here is something i think appropriate to the thread title ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zphAHMPtu4g
The amazonite grey really looks very nice in the flesh. I saw one on the way home yesterday. I also saw a red one pulling out of a petrol garage and it looked really dull, it was an overcast sky but I felt quite underwhelmed by it.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Thanks to all for the comments about the colour
Just thought you might like to know lovemycar, I was looking at the French forum this morning, where members' choices of 3008 versions and colours are listed and kept up to date.

Amazonite Grey is second only to Pearlescent White in total numbers followed closely by Sunset Copper. Pearlescent white is way out front however with 30% of members choosing this colour.

Blue seems to be the least popular metallic colour with Hurricane Grey the Coupe Franche choices at the bottom of the list.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.