Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found anyway to add new colour schemes to the car, don`t really like the copper one and the blue theme is getting a bit boring. I`ve never updated my software since getting the car 7 months ago so not sure if this might add something different or if it`s just bug fixes. Seems a bit daft to me having all this technology and connectivity but you cannot really do anything with it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If the software update replaces the code completely rather than patching it should be possible to reverse engineer and completely recode the system to do anything. But this would be a none trivial task.

To be honest it would be easy for Peugeot to add a colour selection in the settings to make the highlights any colour.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
My brother in law (with a Mercedes A Class) commented that the colour of his interior mood lighting could be changed, and was surprised that Peugeot had not thought of that. I like the blue, but an option to change to (say) red would have been nice.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
If we are in free-fall then I’m in on Red Strip Lighting and Dash Dials.
Maybe we should title this ‘Pimp my Ride’.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My brother in law (with a Mercedes A Class) commented that the colour of his interior mood lighting could be changed, and was surprised that Peugeot had not thought of that. I like the blue, but an option to change to (say) red would have been nice.
That's possible for the dash if you have amplify

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I must admit I was rather surprised that the mood lighting in my GT is only blue. My Focus Titanium X had a choice of (from memory) 9 different colours which could be set on one in particular or cycled through automatically. Having said that I had mine set on blue so I suppose I am not missing anything. I am not sure about the science behind LEDs but I guess they need to be of a certain type to allow colour change so Peugeot would need to install different hardware to provide the same facility in the 3008.

Before I took delivery of my 3008 I was excited about the i-Cockpit and was looking forward to being able to cycle through different instrument display screens. Eight months and 6000 miles on, my screen has generally been set to the standard rev counter and speedo dials in blue and the only time they are changed is by accident or when showing people what the i-Cockpit can do. Being able to change the dials to yet another colour would be a step too far for me and in any event I suppose we should count ourselves lucky that we have a choice of two whereas most cars have only one.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would have been nice to be able to design your own skins for the dash, or at least change the mood light colours. The boost and relax functions do add some colour but it does default back to boring blue when the ignition goes off.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I see where you're all coming from but I think there are lots of other things that would be nice to have that aren't there at all - see relevant thread! And after all, it's only 'ambient' lighting.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I am not sure about the science behind LEDs but I guess they need to be of a certain type to allow colour change so Peugeot would need to install different hardware to provide the same facility in the 3008.
Yes, RGB LEDs (red/green/blue, can make up all colours by addition of various intensities of each of the colour components as opposed to normal LEDs that have one fixed colour.
An RGB LED simply has 3 LEDs (the minute pieces of silicone) internally (one of each red, green and blue) instead of just one in a 'normal LED'. (Some also add a white one for purer white and are usually called RGBW) They either require 4 (5 for RGBW) leads, one for each colour + one common ground or positive feed, and vary the resulting colour by adjusting the voltage/current for each of the component colours.

Or they might have control logic added internally to them as well, requiring ground, positive feed and a serial in. They usually also have a serial out so that they can be strung in a series one after the other.
A controller pushes 8 bits of data, (allowing for 256 values/levels of intensity) per colour and LED, into the string at quite high speed, allowing for various animation effects like gradients, fades, bouncing, chases etc along the string. Or set them to a fixed colour by just pushing one set of bits...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think he meant colour schemes for the I cockpit display.
This is not stupid, I think volvo or renault does let you choose a colour. It's a screen after all.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think he meant colour schemes for the I cockpit display.
This is not stupid, I think volvo or renault does let you choose a colour. It's a screen after all.
I did Maxime, and i don`t think it`s stupid either. Would be nice to change the mood lighting as well though, but i guess were stuck with boring blue for now anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts