Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, from the 2017 308 brochure, it states that the colour reversing camera for the Allure model is an "option at extra cost". My car is a 2017 308 1.2 Puretech Allure.

1. Does that mean all the cabling have already been installed in the car and I just connect the camera plug into a socket somewhere inside the tailgate?

2. Where can I buy a good colour reversing camera in the UK which can see things day and night?

Please advise. Thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
Allure should already have cabling, mine had.

You will also need diagnostic to activate the camera. I would suggest camera from the dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mara, many thanks for your feedback.

OK if I buy a used or new camera from eBay, I will need to buy a diagBox to activate the camera function.

I have seen the Lexia 3 PP2000 Peugeot/Citroen diagBox can be bought from eBay in UK. Which particular model/version can activate it? eg. V48, V50, full chip, etc?

If I buy a diagBox, I would like it also to be able to control the auto folding function of the door mirrors.

Where is the OBD connector in the 308?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The diagnostic connector is next to the front 12 volt port in the centre console.

Remove the small rubber mat ( simply lifts out )

Then you unclip the plastic trim panel around the 12 volt port ( clip is at the bottom of the trim )

·
Registered
410 Posts
Unfortunately, coding camera is not easy. I suppose you have NAC? You would have to find the VIN of some Peugeot 308 T9 which have same equipment as you plus camera. Then you would have to buy token for Diagbox since cracked will not work. You would still need interface from China, full chip is a must. After coding NAC, some changes are also required in BSI.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Mr. Lee, thank you for your answer.

I emailed a reputable company on eBay selling the diagBox v7.83 full chip Lexia3 rev C V50 PP2000 whether it can control the above 2 functions. They replied no because my car is too new!

Does it mean that I need to wait for a newer version of diagBox to control the 2 functions? If not, how do dealers activate different functions on their new cars?

Alternatively, I can buy a camera at my local dealer and ask them to install and activate it which will be easier but may be more expensive.

Thank you.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I just told you. You are getting hardware from eBay. You can buy token and do everything like the dealer. You can buy it on service box. Around €45 I think for 7 days. But the problem is finding the VIN as I said.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi mara, thanks for your comments.

Sorry, I missed your post at 9.04pm while I was typing my post.

Sorry, I'm new to Peugeot cars and don't know too much. What is NAC and BSI? Thanks

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
BSI = Built in Systems Interface.
The software driven computer brain that has overall control of all the cars digital electrical systems.
This needs to be configured to tell it the car has a reversing camera fitted - unless you configure the BSI to tell it a piece of electrical equipment is fitted it wont bother to look for it.

The NAC is the audio / navigation unit which is connected to the touch screen - again if the NAC isnt configured to tell it theres a reversing camera it just wont bother to look for it on the system.

Newer Peugeot stuff needs to be online to the Peugeot servers to tinker with its BSI configuration & that's why you need the full chip interface & access token for the Peugeot server.

Might be easier to fit the genuine parts & ask your Peugeot main dealer nicely to activate them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Mr. Lee, thanks for your explanation. It's very useful to know the overall picture before I commit in choosing the right option

It sounds quite complicated if you want to do it yourself. Yes, I will contact my local dealer to get a quote and go from there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Feedback

Hi, from the 2017 308 brochure, it states that the colour reversing camera for the Allure model is an "option at extra cost". My car is a 2017 308 1.2 Puretech Allure.
1. Does that mean all the cabling have already been installed in the car and I just connect the camera plug into a socket somewhere inside the tailgate?

In reference to my question above from my original post, I actually opened the internal plastic panel of the tailgate and it revealed that there was NO cabling and NO socket for the reversing camera :eek:

I contacted 2 local dealers and they said they don't provide the service of fitting the camera and programming it. It is an option only for the buyer to choose from when buying from new and if you choose it, Peugeot (factory) will fit and program it. Alternatively, you can retrofit and program it by a third party company.

I contacted a third party company and they quoted me £380 to supply the parts, fit and program it which is quite expensive. The camera is an aftermarket part :rolleyes:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Are you sure you took a good look? I'm pretty sure all Allure has it. Here it is on mine. I don't have zoomed out picture. For the socket, it's there, but you have to buy some small peaces of plastic at the dealer for the camera. Attached also the image where the camera goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi mara, Thanks for posting the photos. Yes, I checked quite carefully today and I couldn't see the 6-pin socket. It's not on my 17 reg Allure 1.2 petrol model. What reg is your car? Is it petrol or diesel? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My Allure model is 110 BHP. Maybe they have the cabling and socket on 130 but not on 110? :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A third party company did say from their experience of working on so many vehicles that it is unusual to have "prewired" for the reversing camera.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Every 308 T9 have this socket, you just have to remove the plastic which covers it.

Regarding the cabling, I don't know what to tell you. I installed Peugeot's Visiopark 1 camera in my car after fitting NAC navigation and I had cabling already in place.

My car is year 2015, 2.0 HDI 110KW EAT6 Allure.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I installed Peugeot's Visiopark 1 camera in my car after fitting NAC navigation and I had cabling already in place.
As a fellow 308 NAC retrofit owner - how difficult was the Visiopark 1 retrofit?

My 308 already has the factory fit standard reverse camera.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well, since I had the cabling already, it was pretty easy. I bought the camera, and cable with some filter which 3008 uses. Wire order is different so you have to handle that, but that's easy, just 4 wires.

The most problematic thing is coding. Guy who sold me the NAC did the coding for me for the NAC and the camera, I just had to put it on the trunk. The thing with the coding is that you have to find VIN of the facelift 308 T9 which has same equipment as yours plus camera so you can use automatic telecoding which will download that configuration to you NAC. It's not possible to change it manually. And some changes are also necessary in BSI configuration.

You can read about the camera here, use google translate: https://www.forum-peugeot.com/Forum/threads/tuto-remplacer-la-caméra-de-recul-130°-par-la-caméra-panoramique-180°-visiopark-1-sur-308.111402/

And you can find info about coding here, it's same principle: https://www.forum-peugeot.com/Forum/threads/tuto-remplacement-smeg-par-un-nac-sur-308-ajout-bta-2-0.9539/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts