Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im a new Pug owner. I would like to colour code the black trim that goes around my 407, leaving the thin chrome strip if possible. Anyone any ideas about this. As Im new to this I dont know whats available. Is there a film or such like I could purchase?

cheers

sam

·
Registered
464 Posts
Can't be 100% sure but if that's your car as your avatar, looks like a eyl gris island car - light blue, almost silver? You only option is going to be paint, you can mask off the chrome and paint around it or try removing it painting them then reattaching it (no idea how this would work, I'd probably suggest getting a trim from the scrapyard to experiment on to make sure the chrome will come off and go back on before attacking the car.

To do it yourself, you'll need a scotchbrite (to key the plastic), solvent wipe (to clean it), plastic primer aerosol, the colour aerosol, and a clear lacquer aerosol - I'd expect to pay in the region of £35-50 for the lot. Alternatively, you could get then done professionally, but then you'd probably be looking at double the cost, give or take.

I was thinking about doing the same but my car is black so I think it'll be a lot of hassle for little benefit in my case...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. Yeah thats the car inthe avatar. Id be happy to get it done if its only gonna cost that in a garage. Will post pics when i get it done:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts