Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold weather ahead boys, need to fill the washer bottle with neat concentrated anti freeze otherwise the washers won't work in freezing conditions on the motorway due to the wind chill on the washer pipes on the wipers.
What a daft design, you would have thought PSA would have learnt from the same thing on the BX

·
11,875 Posts
The location of the washer bottle doesn't help. It never gets any heat from the engine to thaw out.

When I took off my wheel arch liner for a general inspection and to clean and protect the power steering pump electrics I wondered about lagging the pipes!

P

·
0 Posts
Could have sworn Haynes book says to never put any amount on antifreeze in the washer bottle?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I remember seeing an advert in a 1960's AA drivers manual for 'heated' washers.
It was basically an extension pipe that you would route round the radiator hoses and cable tie on, then when you 'pumped the button on your morris traveller van' you would get a jet of hot (mildly lukewarm) water.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I remember seeing an advert in a 1960's AA drivers manual for 'heated' washers.
It was basically an extension pipe that you would route round the radiator hoses and cable tie on, then when you 'pumped the button on your morris traveller van' you would get a jet of hot (mildly lukewarm) water.
I once saw an after market kit for heating screenwash fluid. Nice Idea but they don't work. The water would start to freeze as soon as it left the jet and any residual water left in the jet nozzle would freeze up preventing any lukewarm water being pumped out. Not to mention the water in the pipes after the heated section freezing solid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts