Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Is the valve timing ok? Have you set the tappets after a previous head removal?

D

·
0 Posts
It may have hard start from cold from a ill adjusted tappet. Id carry out a tappet reset anyway as a matter of course. The engine runs way better afterwards anyway.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Dave you fountain of knowledge. Is it hard? I've had the rocker arm off I think there are some adjuster acres on the tappets

So you think it's unlikely to be timing due to the fact I Locked the crank and cam

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

D

·
0 Posts
He sure is. I just wish noobs wouldn't p**s him off. Otherwise one day he might just say "sod it" and bugger off the forum. :)
No fear of that. Unless circumstances go against me. Its only experience, im working on Peugeots near fourteen years now.

D

·
0 Posts
.2 for the inlets and .4 for the exhaust are the settings as far as I remember.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Absolutely correct checked the Haynes manual nice one Dave had the rocker cover off and there the babies are the Haynes manual says that cylinder 1 is by the bell housing and says to open this valve exhaust side and then adjust the exhaust 4 and inlet 3 and so on

I think I get this, the silly question is are the arms closest to the exhaust the exhaust valves and inlet closest to the inlet the current measurements are .30 to the front and .40 roughly at the rear!

I know it's not my fault after the work i did putting rocker arms back on it will only go on one way!!

Thanks for the help so far

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Guys

Good news did the tappet adjustment and it is much more quiet cant hear the engine just the exhaust very good still got the cold starting issue though but thanks Dave for the advice on the tappets good lesson to learn.

If I could fix this last issue with the starting it would be great

Could there be a timing issue stopping it from starting? The timing seems to be ok but could a small variance cause this issue the flywheel and camshaft where locked the timing belt did not have any distinguishing marks to correspond with the sprockets should the have been?

Dan

21 - 33 of 33 Posts