Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 206 1.4 16v and starting it when its cold is a nightmare it will start but die put my foot on gas and it will rev but put it in drive it stalls and help please

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not that I know much, but I would start by taking Lambda sensor out and cleaning it with carb cleaner, my 206 would stall on tick over and hesitate when pulling away, cleaned Lambda and its fine now.
Then maybe change coil pack.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
lambda probe not active at cold start engine does not go closed loop till warm probe is used to control fueling when closed loop is achieved not before

Air leak bad injectors bad plugs bad coil timing out broken wires dirty throttle body could really be anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cold start

i have a 206 1.4 16v and starting it when its cold is a nightmare it will start but die put my foot on gas and it will rev but put it in drive it stalls and help please

Had same problem on hot weather start . had to use the Gas for more than 5 minutes drive till it would work normaly

The problem was the step motor on the carb :thumb:. remove two hex screws and clean with WD40 . when testing outside its place ( Switch on , it should be pushed out ) , put it in side a box or some cotton as it may jump out .
It took me few hours to find the part inside the engine cavity

1 - 4 of 4 Posts