Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a peugeot 307 1.4 16 valve 2007 model. The total engine kilometers approximates to 110000 Km. Before three weeks, I used liqui moly engine clean. The old engine oil was then removed and I used a new engine oil total quartz 5w40. I also used a new engine oil filter. After that procedure, I heart a vibration noise close to 2000 rpm when my car is accelerated. This noise is only presented in case of the fact that the engine oil temparture is below 90 Celsius. As the engine oil temparture reaches 90 Celsius this noise is not observed. Anyone can heard this noise downloading the following link file:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byzd0dq7P78Lb3ZPZWQ1bHdjUk0/edit?usp=sharing

·
11,775 Posts
Seems odd that an oil change would cause this.

Is the oil level definitely correct?

Other than that I'd just look for any loose bits in the engine bay you may have knocked while doing the change, something that is being shook more when the engine is cold and vibrating more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. I have just checked air filter system but it seems that it is all ok. Do you believe that this noise is due to the fact that any valves does not have enough oil? Some dirty valves may cause this noise or not? The liqui moly engine clean may affect the engine valves or not?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts