Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New user here. Just wanted to as a few quick questions. I bought my partner a 206 and we are having a few problems with it. My mechanic seems to think the coil pack has gone. I suddenly lost all power and it was only firing on 2 cyclinders. I have had a look on these forums and seen that this seems to be a common issue. People have also had problems with the ECU blowing. I was wondering how I would know if this had happened. It is a basic model. Does anybody have any idea how much a coil pack is new (It seems to be in the form of a cartridge). Also how difficult it is to replace it (straight swap or something more difficult). My mechanic is getting back to me with a price today so I want to make sure we are talking correct figures.

Many Thanks

BL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Funnily enough

I have a similar (less severe) problem but with a similar proposed solution. In my case the engine keeps racing internittently.

Quote from the Peugeot dealer is for £105 for the coil pack plus a further £38 for the attached leads which normally break during re-fitting, apparently.

Those prices include VAT.

Fitting is probably about 1 hour, so assume £70 for an experienced fitter or £0 if I do it myself (but it'll take a day!).

These prices are in line with the estimate I got from a non-P dealer, so are quite consistent.

Hope that helps. This forum is very quiet, isn't it?

Cheers,

Martin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the info. I am getting quoted much less by a non dealer mechanic. I do trust him and never had a problem with any of his work but you just worry sometimes that it may be too cheap. Should get it back tonight :thumb:

G

·
Replacing a coil pack is about 0.2-0.3 of an hour, and that's being very generous. It's a sub 5 minute job. The loom will survive if you're careful and remember to unplug it before starting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aha!

Sounds interesting - do you know what parts supplier he is using? So far it sounds as though the bits themselves are by far the most expensive part of the job.

Cheers,

Martin.

(cheers, Chopper - I think I'll give it a go, particualrly if I can get good parts more cheaply)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure which parts he is using. I had a look on Ebay and they seem to be a bout £75-80 I would imagine he gets them cheaper than that. I am not sure if they are genuine parts or not. As long as it works I really don't care :lol:
He is a friend so I would think he would not want to put crap in that breaks down or he will be getting calls from me to pick me up.:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
lampshuk said:
In my case the engine keeps racing internittently.
Granted I'm not a peugeot dealer. My mate used to have the exact same issue as that on an old Rover 214i. That was down to the coolant temp sensor in the end.

Just thought it'd be worth throwing in there. I've had some very bad advice from stealers in the past

1 - 8 of 8 Posts