Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

Anyone got a URL for a company that will code the VIn to a head unit?

Would rather use a company that is known... not just anyone on ebay.

Many thanks

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

I am in Edinburgh, its a 2002 1.4hdi 307, and I am yet to find a replacement head unit.

I have been trying to establish which model I am best buying... and have not managed to figure out what it originally was fitted with....

Any help with the above most appreciated.

David

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
BestGear said:
Guys

Anyone got a URL for a company that will code the VIn to a head unit?

Would rather use a company that is known... not just anyone on ebay.

Many thanks

David
You would be best to go to Peugeot... They code the VIN to the radio for £14.. thats what they charged for my 607. I had replaced the radio, it worked fine but because it did not match the VIN, it keep beeping..

Peugeot did it on Peugeot Planet PSA Diag 10 min = £14

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Scotcruz said:
You would be best to go to Peugeot... They code the VIN to the radio for £14.. thats what they charged for my 607. I had replaced the radio, it worked fine but because it did not match the VIN, it keep beeping..

buggers over here charged me £30 when i got mine done :mad: , but what the hell.;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

Scotcruz- which dealer did you use?

I need a key programmed too, so I guess I could get both at the same time...

As I am new to the marque I need to find a dealer that can be (semi) trusted.

Do I need any code or anything to get a dealer to code the radio?

David

·
Registered
77 Posts
Scotcruz said:

when i changed my RD4 to an RT3, the dealer couldnt change the vin in the RT3, they tried but failed, all because the RT3 was not original equipment in the car, i found a guy in london who was able to do it, having now got planet myself my planet will do it, having spoken to a couple of pug master techs, it seems its all depend on how the dealer is running planet and wether you are fitting original equipment, some dealers versions of planet dont allow them to upgrade certain equipment in the cars BSI, whereas someone like robins and day who are owned by pug can, i think its all very much dependant on how much they are paying pug, as the dealer i went to had internet based planet, but apparantly they now have it stand alone on their own server which allows them to upgrade items in the BSI

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just out of interest how much did you pay for your planet?

Looking on ebay i can get the interface leads for 30 odd and the same for the april 2009 version of the software

Is this a bit too cheap or is that about right?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Stubbo said:
Just out of interest how much did you pay for your planet?

Looking on ebay i can get the interface leads for 30 odd and the same for the april 2009 version of the software

Is this a bit too cheap or is that about right?

the planet software with lead and head will cost you a minimum of $450 for a non updateable version, and up to $1500 for updateable, yes you can get the non updateable software on its own cheap on e-bay, and you may get the usb lead, but you still have to get the head, which you will need to go as far as hong kong or singapore for, thats what the guy selling the software on e-bay had to do for his use (i know him to talk to), then you will also need a dedicated laptop running windows xp professional to install it on

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah knew there'd be a catch somewhere, looks like i'll have to stay friendly with the local independent garage for the time being!

Cheers 407 :thumb:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
BestGear said:
Thanks for the replies guys.

Scotcruz- which dealer did you use?

I need a key programmed too, so I guess I could get both at the same time...

As I am new to the marque I need to find a dealer that can be (semi) trusted.

Do I need any code or anything to get a dealer to code the radio?

David
BestGear it was from a Shields Peugeot in Glasgow..

407Mad where are you based mate, you could help us with some scan on my motor?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
407mad said:
im in southend in essex, glad to help if your within traveling distance
alright... thats miles away... :)

might give you a shout if im down south..

cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im in chorley with pp2000 I should be able to do that for you. I cannot reply to your private message as it says your inbox is full

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi guys,
I’m planning on upgrading my 2015 308’s SMEG+ unit to a NAC unit like in the new 308. I understand I’ll need the unit coding to my VIN so just wondering if there is anyone in or around the Leicestershire area that would be willing to help?

·
8,947 Posts
It possible it will need more than just coding to the car, it more than likely that due to the age most members Planet/Diagbox will not be able to access or code the unit due to telecoding issues so maybe a dealer job

·
Registered
63 Posts
It possible it will need more than just coding to the car, it more than likely that due to the age most members Planet/Diagbox will not be able to access or code the unit due to telecoding issues so maybe a dealer job
Thanks Windy,
Do you think dealers are willing to do this kind of coding?
I mean I would be buying and installing kit that’s not from them?
If they would, is it costly?

·
8,947 Posts
Some may do it but most do not know how to use the system fully and therefore cannot work outside of the box and unless it's a straight download cannot do it as VIN is not configured on PSA server for Sat - nav.

Others know how to use the manual modes to bypass these restrictions.

I know of someone who had to pay the full aftermarket cost of cruise control on a 207 as the only way the dealer could activate it was to put through the system as an official fit so Peugeot would update the vehicle VIN on there system to say it was fitted so he could use the auto configure option to switch it on, sad but true

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Some may do it but most do not know how to use the system fully and therefore cannot work outside of the box and unless it's a straight download cannot do it as VIN is not configured on PSA server for Sat - nav.

Others know how to use the manual modes to bypass these restrictions.

I know of someone who had to pay the full aftermarket cost of cruise control on a 207 as the only way the dealer could activate it was to put through the system as an official fit so Peugeot would update the vehicle VIN on there system to say it was fitted so he could use the auto configure option to switch it on, sad but true

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Thanks for your help Windy.
I’ll have to ask around and find out if coding is possible at an affordable price before I invest in the hardware.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts