Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The prevailing wisdom is that to code a tyre pressure sensor you need a special tool to activate the sensor.

I'm not so sure.

I found these screens in PeugeotPlanet that let you type in the codes of the sensors -- provided of course that you know them.

Thought I'd mention it in case anyone finds it useful.

Attachments

C

·
0 Posts
Your right you can pair sensors that way but it's only any good when the sensors have already been paired with the forcing tool. So you could swap your sensors to another car using those codes but not new sensors or ones that you don't know the codes of as I've been told using the codes on sensors doesn't always work. Don't know how true it is as I've the forcing tool and is nice and easy to use.

C

·
0 Posts
I'm going on what I've been told and read on here before that often the code on the sensor doesn't seem to work. Also read on here posted by magma that only the code read from planet will allow pairing that way, if I find the thread it's mentioned in I'll post the link.

C

·
0 Posts
Tell you what I'll give it a go either at weekend or next week I've got 4 spare sensors kicking about.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool :thumb:
Would be great to find out an answer :)

Indeed somehow it seems too simple to read the number off the sensor and type it into PP2000.

C

·
0 Posts
Right tried it this morning.

When asked for the ID of the sensor it asks for 10 digits and the only number on the sensor I could see containing 10 digits was the 9673*** above the pug/cit symbols so typed that in planet was happy with the number. Should I have used the ones marked ID? but that's only 8 digits and a mixture of numbers and letters!! Not like Pug to make anything difficult is it!

Then back to check and number is different :confused:

So did it work? I don't know as wheel is a spare alloy and aren't gonna fit to car and drive it to see, using the forcing tool is far easier and tells you the sensors seen by the car when done.

New question,
From having a look I believe the sensors just transmit the pressure and the ecu is the trigger to the alarm so I think it's possible to fit ford/landy or jag tpms to your pug as long as it operates on the same frequency and the bonus is ford/landy & jag valves are far cheaper plus alot of the landy ones now have the grey stems fitted which are supposed to last.

C

·
0 Posts
Just had a quick look on eBay and you can get 4 sensors that have been removed from a new landy so the sensors are essentially new for roughly the price of one pug sensor.

C

·
0 Posts

Had chance to stick diagbox on car today and the id's of sensors is different to planet, more like the actual id's on the sensors :confused:

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Pretty sure the ID code should be the one to use. It is in Hexadecimal which converted to decimal gives a 10 digit number. For the one in the photo

ID:CD95A7D8 (Hexadecimal)
ID:3449137112 (Decimal)

So I guess if using PP2000 you would convert the Hex ID to Decimal and enter the decimal number.

C

·
0 Posts
Never have thought of that:rolleyes:

Will give it a got when I next put planet on my car, which ain't often for fear of what I find;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi mate. just been looking at this tyre sensor coding debate, i have a 407 coupe and have just had 4 ford sensors from ebay fitted,i have noted down the id number on each one, forum member wayne in huddersfield did me a global scan a few weeks ago found nothing wrong,he said when i fit my sensors he would have a go at programming them to the car,my question is can he do it with planet or do i need someone like yourself with the forcing tool, any help is appreciated, regards stuart.

C

·
0 Posts
Assuming the car will accept the sensors then I don't see a issue with using the id/codes to program them.

·
Registered
496 Posts

Had chance to stick diagbox on car today and the id's of sensors is different to planet, more like the actual id's on the sensors :confused:
Hi Cab, Stuart is coming over to me tomorrow and I will have a go at coding his sensors with diagbox. Coding tyre sensors is not something I have done before and not sure it can be done without the forcing tool so can you please tell me how you got to that screen in diagbox if you don't mind? Just to save me some time, thanks. I normally use planet but with the code issues mentioned diagbox would seem the preferred route. I will post back how I get on.

Cheers

C

·
0 Posts
I'm like you, prefer planet over diagbox everytime.

So to be honest I can't remember :eek: think l did a global scan and went into the tpms ecu.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
The TPS Id's were being discussed in a thread a while ago. If I remember rightly Diagbox displays the ID as it appears on the sensor itself which is in hexadecimal format whereas Planet display the ID as a decimal number.

If using Planet you have to converts the ID on the sensor to decimal - easy with windows calculator set to advanced. Open the calculator, click on HEX, enter the id then click on DEC and enter the result in PP. It's a 10 digit number if memory serves me right.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well I tried entering the ID's as written on the sensors in diagbox but got programming failed so I'm thinking perhaps they have to be converted for Diagbox also and entered as 10 digit numerical like the number at the bottom of CAB's screenshot? Anyway Stuart I am willing to try that in planet if you want to come back sometime or take it down to CAB to do it with the transmitter tool as discussed.
Thanks Storeman for the conversion info.
What I did find odd is that it shows up no faults at all in TPMS during the global scan yet is is all enabled.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts