Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone on here coded new keys to a vauxhall.

Reason I ask is I've been asked to code a new key to a Vectra but have read on some Vauxhall forums that it can be troublesome i.e car gets stranded a won't start as op-com won't code key/s successfully.

I ask here because I know that some vauxhall forums hate the op-com kit and just rubbish it.

Don't want to kill someone's car especially on my drive!!

If no replies might have to experiment on wife's astra

Cris.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Cris , I think it's a tech2 job mate although there is a part of the programme called 'programming' im not sure it actually does keys.

Il ask a mate whos a Vauxhall Tech (ps he owns a Op-COM) !

·
Registered
489 Posts
It took a few minutes to load but the answer would be YES ! easy to follow steps with pictures included. :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for that Pete.:thumb:

Unfortunatley link doesn't work for me.

Might just get new chip (cheapest option) for wife's car and give it ago!!:nod:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Martin, do you know for a fact that you cannot code a second hand key. Have you tried as I was going to buy one and give it a go but if you have already done so then I wont bother.....:thumb:

·
Registered
489 Posts
The transponder chip is a one shot deal. You can buy the chips off the internet or if you know anyone at Timpsons :thumb:

·
Registered
873 Posts
I can easily get a transponder chip, I recently transferred my old style over to the flip blade type and it works perfect.

I was left with a blade and empty key fob. I bought a new transponder chip and coded it to my 307.

Both keys start car fine but the spare has no circuit board so no central locking function.

So I wanted to get a second hand key and put the circuit board in my spare key and hopefully code it.

I can say for a fact(as Ive tried), that the circuit board is matched to your car

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sorry Daffy I meant for the Vauxhall not the 307. I thought you were asking about that with all the other mails being for the Vauxhall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

i program keys to Vauxhalls on a regular basis using Opcom. As long as the transponder is brand new & the correct chip id for the car then it's pretty straight forward.

You'll also possibly need the 4 digit security car pass to unlock the system to allow you to adapt new keys dependign what year Vectra it is.

If it's an early Vectra A then there is other software that can extract the pin code. It also works on other Vx's. Generally older models though.

I have an MVP key programmer & it can also extract pin codes on certain models. As far as Vx cars go the newest i've extracted the pin on was a 2005 Corsa C & Tigra B.

If your mate hasn't got the car pass then it can be bought from Vx but he'll need V5 & id. They charged me £30 when i had my Vec C.

My key supplier can also get me pin codes. I think they charge £20+vat for vx codes

Craig

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.