Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if these two fault codes are related to each other, since the both is exhaust related? Got them off PP :(

A quick search on the net got me this:
P0025: Camshaft position (CMP), exhaust/right/rear, bank 2 - Timing over-retarded.

P0471: Exhaust Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance.

I have the dubious "Anti Pollution Fault" in the display and lo power from 2500-3000 rpm. Earlier I got "Unblock Diesel Filter" also, but I drove fast for a couple of (Norwegian) miles and it went away. Found this trick on the internet somewhere :thumb:

Recon I need to replace the exhaust pressure sensor, but I have no idea where it is, Any body know? :confused:

(Sorry, but I think I have posted this twice now)

·
Registered
14,945 Posts
You are getting antipollution BECAUSE of the faults but if you have a diesel the cam sensor description is not correct as that description reads as a petrol engine fault

Sounds like you need another session on planet looking more closely at the DPF settings/load regens etc

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are getting antipollution BECAUSE of the faults but if you have a diesel the cam sensor description is not correct as that description reads as a petrol engine fault

Sounds like you need another session on planet looking more closely at the DPF settings/load regens etc
Yes, it is a 2.0HDI diesel 2004 model, manual gearbox :D
My Planet is very unstable and I need to disconnect it (usb) before/after each time I hit enter, so I used a lot of time getting these two codes. I tried several time and got the same result every time (when I was able to get anything off it) :mad:
I blew the xenon bulb and the parking light bulb on the left side getting this thing to work, so I am not very keen on connecting this again :nono: Fairly expensive :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Planet would not blow a bulb that makes no sense you may have an earth fault that blew the bulb

What is your actual engine code RHS RHR RHY ?
I have no idea :confused:
I tought the engine kode was DW10ATED4 (or something like that).

My vin is VF3EBRHTB13057047, if it helps

The PP2000 had big difficulties reading anything at all. Maybe try again, but remove the fuses for the lights. The car HAS been hit by another car in the back, for a couple of years back. The towbar was really bendt and the back was pushed in for ca 10-15 cm. Probably a short there, because I had to change the fuse for autodiag/towbar connection before I started diag.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok, but shouldn`t I run out and get myself a new exhaust pressure sensor? Well, first, maybe I should check the one I got to see if it is still connected.

I had an issue with nicked wires on the common rail fuel temp sensor last time I used the PP2000 and got a couple of codes. The wire was nicked right by the connection to the sensor. I saw that there had been leaking a little oil on the wires, and some of them looked worn, if you know what I mean. Maybe I should take out all the tubes again and check for broken wires there, at the bottom of the engine room where narrow has a completely new meaning :rolleyes: Only one place is worse: The clam, wich I personally call the back side of the engine. I also replaced the nice and melted glow relay and, voilà, the 807 started in -10 degrees and below! :thumb:

A qiuck search on the net shows a few problems with the code P0025 (always with other codes) on diesels, but I have not been lucky in finding out what they found out/got fixed :confused:

I`ll think I`ll wait until tomorrow with dealing with this great opprtunity to get to know my 807 better ;)

·
Registered
14,945 Posts
They are just different versions some are 8 valve some 16 valve then newer and older versions of them there are probably 20 different engine codes for 2 litres but all are similar

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So there is no error codes for the glow plugs? Only for circuit A and B, related to the glow relay? Sounds strange, since these have to be changed from time to time and error codes for those would be handy.

·
Registered
14,945 Posts
You can test the glow plugs with a multimeter the wires for them go to a plug near the vacuum pump so can be tested there they are wired in pairs though so its not a perfect test but it will tell you if they are capable of working or not.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, much apreciated :thumb:

Funny thing though: I was out driving today and there where no antipollution fault and no engine light. It has beeb a wet and rainy day, so probably I can not expect this to continue? It must be a wire that gets connection when it is wet or something? :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts