Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got a check engine light, and ANTIPOLLUTION FAULT message on the dash.
Can anyone recommend an OBD-II interface & app, either for macbook, or iPhone/ipad? Don't mind if it's USB, bluetooth or wifi.
Many thanks, Jamie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best option is PP2000 or Diagbox.

There are cheaper devices, but they won't give you all the information you need to diagnose correctly.
Hi, thanks for reply, but it looks like they only run on Windows. Maybe there's a hand-held scanner tool alternative? I bought a BMW specific scanner gadget for my last car and it was only £40 ish I think, and it was great.
Ta, J.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The issue with the smaller, more generic devices is that they don't give the depth of detail that the PP2000/Diagbox system can give you.

For example, if you get a fault code on a generic reader, it won't tell you WHY you've got the fault, when there could be 4 or 5 different reasons for 1 fault.

There are a couple of phone apps that use the ELM327 hardware, such as EOBD Facile

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The issue with the smaller, more generic devices is that they don't give the depth of detail that the PP2000/Diagbox system can give you.

For example, if you get a fault code on a generic reader, it won't tell you WHY you've got the fault, when there could be 4 or 5 different reasons for 1 fault.

There are a couple of phone apps that use the ELM327 hardware, such as EOBD Facile
I've downloaded the EOBD software for my mac, but it won't connect using my old blue OBD-II usb cable, bought to use with a BMW years ago.
Do you know which cable / wifi / bluetooth interface would work?
many thanks, J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts