Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More than likely been asked tons of times...lookin for a cheap code reader for pre 2004 diesel....most i seen on ebay are for petrol 2001 onwards...or 2004 or later dieselw.....my car is an 03....would i get away with one of the cheap code readers on ebay..?? as its just an year out...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi since not knowin much about this planet stuff....am i right thats its the software and the link that goes to a laptop....and if not...whats the cost and what things do i need and what to buy...and is it easy to do..thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Fallenhero said:
Hi since not knowin much about this planet stuff....am i right thats its the software and the link that goes to a laptop....and if not...whats the cost and what things do i need and what to buy...and is it easy to do..thanks in advance
Yes you need the software and the interface that connects to a laptop which has to have xp,
cost is around £190 for all not including laptop,
if you find one on ebay that has "make an offer" i have heard guys getting them for as littte as £100,
once loaded it is very straightforward and any problems enough of us have them now so all you need to do is ask a question.

·
Registered
196 Posts
or the only other scanner than a planet is a autel maxi fr704 that will do pre2004 diesels.i have one and its got the other scanners software loaded in to it.so its 4 scanners in one now.i have all the files for to load in to it its a really good scanner when you buy it will only do certain cars untill you add them for others also will do abs airbag resets

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
sorry guys confused now...if i get the autel maxi fr704 will i then need to find the software to work for pre 04 diesel.....and will it do most of the thing the planet does.....i have seen this scanner on feabay..and its not a bad option to go for...take it you installed software and its stand alone scanner type thing not connected to laptop

also on the planet stuff...i seen some on feabay from china...ect..reading someone who asked a question to seller...the seller said it didnt do diesels and it was a clone or something..i didnt want to spend over 150 then find out it didnt work....am i lookin at the right thing...i send link...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PP2000-V21-Le...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment?hash=item45f06e4629

any help be helpful guys....not up with these things so bear with me..thanks in advance...

·
Registered
196 Posts
the fr704 will work with pre 04 d and petrol aslong as it has a 16 pin obd,it is a good scanner, it comes installed for cit,pug and renault,also i have all the other software for it so i will do what the 702.3 etc.it wont do what a lexia will do.however it will do airbag and abs resets,and clone lexia will work on disels aslong as its a good clone,as there is some bad out there

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was in the same boat. Guy said it would not work on pre 2004 diesel models. I got it from the very same ebay listing!
Took the risk after chatting with a few guys on the forum and can confirm you will not have any problems! i am using it on my 2002 307 2.0 110 HDI and it has got me out of trouble a few times already! Best £155 i have spent for a long time. It is also starting to pay for itself as have fixed a couple of other cars at £15 a time :)
The unit is very good quality and all you need to do is attach the pug/citroen labels to it.

G

·
Unless you get a faulty one like i did, that being said they are very helpful in replacing the item!

Too bad its stuck in gatwick because of this dust cloud :mad:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yes the FR704 is a great scanner and it will read fault codes of renault, peugeot and citroen.

I think it may also be hacked to do other cars but Im not sure.

BUT, it costs around £100 and really I think I'd rather spend the extra £80-90 to get planet.

I can put you in touch with a UK seller, he will give you a good deal if you keep the trade private. Great guy. He sent me a free vag scanner just for making him out a set of instructions on how to install planet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
anyone know if any of the other in the autel range will work i have tried 2 handheld readers on my 02 307 110 with no sucsess or anyone neer melton mowbray with plannet or other sutable reader or even galetto to get rid of the dam fap lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts