Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an 02 307 SW 2.0 Hdi which is giving two error messages, both with the same code P1429, which is I believe "Electric Air Pump Primary Failure". The only problem is that I can't find any reference in my Haynes manual to an air pump on the diesel and I don't even know where to look for it on the engine so I can check the wiring, contacts etc.

The two error messages are "Permanent fault. Differential exhaust pressure signal. Coherence of the differential pressure when stopped" and "Permanent fault. Differential exhaust pressure signal. Short circuit to positive or open circuit".

The readings for each error are the same:-

PEF Inlet/Outlet pressure difference: 118 mbars
Engine speed: 0rpm
Distance travelled since the last regeneration: 52Km
Output injected: 44 mm3/stroke
intake air flow: 0 l/h

Anyone got any ideas where to start please?

Thanks,

Glyn

·
Registered
134 Posts
codes

hi,,remove the pref pressure sensor,tap it into your palm i'm sure you will find water.
if not(but unlikely)looking at your pressure milibar readings the filter is blocked,but i'm sure this is just an effect of the faulty sensor.

toddy

·
Registered
134 Posts
codes

hi,,remove the pref pressure sensor,tap it into your palm i'm sure you will find water.
if not(but unlikely)looking at your pressure milibar readings the filter is blocked,but i'm sure this is just an effect of the faulty sensor.

toddy

D

·
0 Posts
You don't have an airpump on that engine. The differential pressure sensors give trouble. Peugeot have modified them. Id replace it and then check the differential pressure of the particle filter. 118mb is pretty high. So it may be blocked too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did You manage to sort this error? got the same on my 04 307 sw your help would be appreciated as i am new to all this thanks for any help in advance.

PEF Inlet/Outlet pressure difference: 112 mbars
Engine speed: 0rpm
Distance travelled since the last regeneration: 144Km
Output injected: 33 mm3/stroke
intake air flow: 0 l/h

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fixed

Hi Medy,

Yes, eventually fixed, I had to replace the pressure sensor. I can't remember for sure, but I think it was about £30.

Good luck,

Peter

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Medy,

Yes, eventually fixed, I had to replace the pressure sensor. I can't remember for sure, but I think it was about £30.

Good luck,

Peter
thanks m8, problem now is i am struggling to find the sensor can you point me in the right direction please cheers

Peugeot Fap Differential Pressure Sensor

Part Number: 1618Z9 s/s 161809

does this sound right?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sensor

Sounds about right, but I just went into my local Peugeot dealer with my chassis number so I can't be sure of the part number, sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts