Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i got a P0340 code on my 406 year 2003 petrol. The code is for the camshaft positioning sensor. I am a DIY kind of guy and i don't like to go to mechanics and be charged with hundreds just to change a sensor.. Could you help me locate the camshaft positioning sensor on the 406? Any images or so?
many thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, the description of the OBD2 code says several things, and i want to check them step by step. First i want to remove the sensor and test if it is working properly, that's why i asked for its location. If it doesn't then i will move on to the next steps

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't find the sensor.. What i know is that it looks like the image attached with this comment, but i couldn't exactly locate it.. Help me with some pictures to locate it

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If you cant figure out the glaringly obvious cam sensor on the cam cover then you may be better going to a garage.

The clue is in its name its a CAM sensor meaning it senses the cam so must be on the cam box in your case the exhaust cam !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you cant figure out the glaringly obvious cam sensor on the cam cover then you may be better going to a garage.

The clue is in its name its a CAM sensor meaning it senses the cam so must be on the cam box in your case the exhaust cam !
If i were an expert i wouldn't have asked for help.. And when i said i am a DIY kind of person, i meant that i like to know things myself and change it myself. I am no expert and i recently owned this car (at 25 years) with 0 experience in what an engine is and what is its mechanism and with no room for doing anything wrong and at the same time if i could do it myself to save some money i will do it. And since i owned the car i started to learn everything so i understand the thing i'm driving.. I do not appreciate your rude reply, i am in no competition for you to tell me about 'clues' and stuff. You could have said 'that's it right there' and moved on with your life. Not all people are experts in this life..
Peace

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I HAVE helped you but it IS obvious in your pic where it is some people are not mechanically minded so sometimes its best not to dabble.

Im sorry but it IS obvious and you need to think for yourself a little here thats how i learn i taught myself in most things in my life not just cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts