Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After damage from a falling roof tile I have just changed my whole tailgate. 3 of the 20 or so wires are co-ax cables which I assume must go to aerials in the glass. The connectors are white, grey and orange. On the replacement tailgate, which I got of ebay, the wires were cut so , as the wires all look the same, I have to guess which goes to which connector. Should be quite straight forward but I've tried all combinations and the radio doesn't get a signal at all. I'm now wondering why there are 3 co-ax's. I assumed one for FM, AM and DAB but thinking about it wouldn't they all come from one aerial.
Am I missing something?

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I would guess that one is AM & FM, a second for DAB. Can't figure what the third might be for unless it's for the GPS antenna.

Is it not possible to remove the co-ax cables from the original tailgate and fit to the replacement. I would expect them to have connectors at the glass rather than be hard wired.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have the female and male connectors from my old tailgate. On the replacement the three co-ax wires (very thin, about 3mm) were cut. As they are exactly the same I'm not sure which one was connected to which colour connector (grey, orange and white). Doing some research I think it's probably what's called a diversity aerial which apparently is popular in most modern cars. I have a feeling any wire can go to any connector. I think an amplifier is also part of the set up. As the wiper's not working I wonder if it's an electrical issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts