Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i press my clutch pedal to change gear i get a vibrating from the pedal but goes into gear fine there no noise from the clutch which is why i think it may not be the clutch but not sure. If it is the clutch what kind of price are we talking to get it repaired. peugeot 307 1600cc 54 plate petrol

·
Registered
556 Posts
Sounds like the thrust bearing has gone to me,i just recently had it the ball bearings drop out and you have 2 washers left operating the pressure plate i replaced the whole clutch kit while i was there.
Does it feel rough and horrible when you have the clutch down changing gears but otherwise ok and ok when the engine its switched off?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
goes into gear fine no grinding noise just the vibrating of the clutch pedal thats what i dont under stand, thanks will have to have it looked at.

·
Registered
556 Posts
That's what i had pretty much, the clutch worked fine but was kind of wobbling under foot.

The only things i can think of are thrust bearing or bent pressure plate fingers, you could try bleeding fresh fluid in before taking things apart.

does it tick over nice and smooth?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
had to have clutch fork arm and bearing replaced cost £270 was not bad to what i was getting quoted,thanks for the replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts