Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took the car to the garage today to have a new clutch fitted (one I bought from ECP), checked service box using my VIN before I bought the new clutch (see attached) and ordered a clutch kit to go with a DMF.

Got a phone call this evening from the mech and he said the clutch is wrong - I have a single body flywheel!

Are there a batch of 2.0 hdi 110 hatch's out there without the DMF? Or have I been lumped with one that's had a conversion done?

Attachments

·
6,281 Posts
Not that i know of but there were a good few early cars that were swapped to SMF under warranty (using the PSA official conversion kit) due to big problems with DMF on early cars

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could explain it. I've got a 52 plate, so it'll be an early-ish RPO.

Would the flywheel be a Peugeot OEM - I guess this would give some sort of indication as to why there's a single in there.

Plus side, it should be a cheaper fix....

·
6,281 Posts
It's not that much cheaper if i remember correctly, the same as the LUK and other conversions they rip you off with a new clutch plate for conversion kit.

You cannot fit a std 90 clutch as the plate has slightly longer cushion springs and cover has a longer throw but the price is over double the cost of the std 90 clutch kit.

I would get garage to double check part number on cover/plate as if there were SMF conversion kits available they would use a 90 flywheel and clutch to get the customers car back asap. That was why i went down the 90 flywheel route when i converted mine

The PSA conversion kit clutch kit is shown under clutch in service box there is a note on top of page regarding conversion kit

·
6,281 Posts
If the conversation was done with proper kit yes if they used 90 parts no. You need to check part no on clutch which is fitted to be 100% however often you can tell by clutch plate if the damper springs are std type (about 1 1/2 " long) it's a 90 kit if they are longer then a conversion kit clutch is needed. If the latter it can sometimes be cheaper to fit a second hand RHY 90 flywheel and normal clutch kit

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the conversation was done with proper kit yes if they used 90 parts no. You need to check part no on clutch which is fitted to be 100% however often you can tell by clutch plate if the damper springs are std type (about 1 1/2 " long) it's a 90 kit if they are longer then a conversion kit clutch is needed. If the latter it can sometimes be cheaper to fit a second hand RHY 90 flywheel and normal clutch kit

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
Thanks again, much appreicated.

GSF have a conversion-specific kit, so I'll get the mech to have a look at what he's taking off and take it from there.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just picked the car up after (finally) having the clutch replaced, taken it for a spin, and now the car has a bad judder at the biting point when starting off - it only happens under load. It's particularly bad when setting off up hill from standing, I'm giving it nearly 2000rpm and it's close to stalling.

Setting off from standing facing downhill seems to be ok (or at the very least a hell of a lot better).

Took it back to the garage and the mech said that the near side driveshaft needs replacing.

Would this be consistent with what I've described?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a valeo kit for a DMF to SMF conversion (done before I owned the car).

The mech reckons it's because an old driveshaft has been removed and it's not sitting correctly. But I would have thought this would not occur only when starting off.

I reckon the pressure plate is faulty or something along those lines. It kind of feels like the clutch plate is bouncing off the flywheel.

Or the gearbox hasn't been mounted properly.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just had a mate watch the engine as I engaged the clutch and he said the engine was rocking and bouncing all over the place. So, would it be fair to assume the mountings haven't been tightened/are knackered? I've also noticed that the intake manifold hasn't been secured to the air box....

It seems to me the mechanic has rushed this one :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts