Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help. i have a Peugeot 307cc 2l model 2005, 60,000 miles
i have vibration through the clutch pedal, gears are all ok, but when started, like a vibration coming through the pedal, this started about a week ago, after the bad rain, and flooding, not sure if this is anything to do with it but had to go through large puddle where the car was up to the sill in water, any assistance anyone could give would be helpful...:)..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Paula and welcome.

I'm kind of new here myself but I'm here and wide awake , well wide awake for a Sunday anyway.

I'm sure someone will ask what engine type you have and have you ever had the clutch replaced. Is this only with the peddle pressed, only when driving if so what speed what speed or all the time when the engine is running. Single or duel mass flywheel (my show up in your service receipts)?

I always put my location on my profile on car forums. You never know, someone may be just around the corner with the answer, diagnostic tool, sometimes even the part. I've made loads of friends that way over the years.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is it only on initial take-up?
I wasn't happy with mine, (only 60,000 miles)so have just replaced clutch, slave cylinder and gearbox and engine mounts, all genuine Peugeot parts. Still the same,(maybe a little better).
Then drove a friends 06 plate, and it was the same.
Kinda of thinking that's how they are, or maybe an engine rather than gearbox issue.
Must say no one else seems to notice it if they drive it.
Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi thank you, no the clutch pedal only vibrates when depressed....and like judders, when car is first started, not sure what engine it is, didnt realize there was different clutches..where will if find this information..i have had the car for 3 years, and this has just started, as explained in my earlier post,
but when starting car...its like a judder comming from bottom of engine, and the vibration through the pedal is when changing gear...or if you place your foot on pedal you can feel the vibration...im in Leeds/wakefield area. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mike...no its definately just started doing this ive drove the car for 3 years,,and drove perfect..

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If you drive through a puddle to fast water splashes up

When it gets dark tonight lift bonnet up get someone to start the engine and see if there are shorts from any plug leads do not touch the plug leads while car is running though

you may see as the engine is running sparks from any of the plugs going to earth

did the water get into the car as some of the wiring under the carpet has connectors which can short when damp/wet

the shorting of the plugs to earth causes a juddering and hesitation when using the Accelerator

1 - 7 of 7 Posts