Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls,
Need some help/advice, I was driving my 1.4 petrol today and all of a sudden
The car became very hard to put into gear, and there seems to be no give in the pedal, goes to the floor rather easy, also when u get it into gear and start driving the engine revs like you have the clutch slightly down and rides, any advice and help would be great I need my car to get to work

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
no adjustment unfortunately. could be something likea faulty slave cylinder, is the brake fluid level ok.
ask someone to check the movement of the clutch fork while you work the clutch back and forth

·
Registered
437 Posts
Clutch and brakes share the same fluid reservoir. You'll see it near the battery/windscreen area.

Also, try checking the slave cylinder if you can. They tend to leak when knackered but also the connection can be quite dodgy, its plastic if i remember right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just checked the brake/clutch reservoir and it's full, just got it the car and the only way I can describe the clutch is that it's not engaging enough to put it into gear

·
Registered
437 Posts
It does sound as though the clutch is still partially disengaged which could be the clutch plates sticking or the release sleeve/bearing knackered or the selector fork worn.

Have someone push the pedal in/out and check the bell housing to see if the fork is moving in/out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts