Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok got a 307 1.6 glx petrol

just had a new clutch fitted but it still slipping

I can still drive it! But if i push it hard the clutch slips and the rev increase

It has a hydraulic clutch so I don’t think there is any adjustment there ?

So anyone one got any ideas before I get the gearbox taking back out

Forgot to say it has no leaks at all

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi ant500,

Did you change the pressure plate? If not that could also be the source of your problem. Mechanics almost always recommend you change the pressure plate when ever you are changing the clutch.

I read this quote in another forum. "The pressure plate is what provides the force that sandwiches the clutch disk to the flywheel. As it gets old, the pressure or force it applies gets weaker. The weaker it gets, the more your clutch slips. The pressure plate and friction disk should always be replaced as a set."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes all of it was changed flywheel and a full clutch kits as did not want to have any problem lol which i have got now

would air in the Hydraulics cause any problems as was think of bleeding it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Waste of time bleeding it mate. If there was air in the system you would likely have trouble engaging gears because the hydraulics would not be giving full pedal travel to disengage the clutch. It cannot cause clutch slippage. When you are driving and the clutch is engaged (foot off the pedal completely!) the hydraulics are not doing anything. If you have had a new three piece clutch kit fitted and its still slipping, then its either the release mechanism not fully returning, oil/grease or fluid on the clutch plate or the incorrect clutch kit has been fitted. ( Don't mean to be insulting but presumably you're taking your foot off the clutch fully and not 'riding' it.)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
when i was getting a clutch kit for my 307 it cost around £120 from ECP. there was 2 makes...valeo and another which i cant remember. valeo being the more expensive and the other in the price range you mentioned. i decided to go for the "known" brand valeo.

you could of bought a duff clutch kit...not unheard off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
yes foot was fully off the pedal lol when you say the release mechanism not fully returning, is there a adjustment

cant remember which clutch but was £93 from a motor factors so not the cheapest well not for me anyway

(CK9788 NATIONAL )

might have to get the box back out then is £150 a good price for someone to remove the box and refit

·
Registered
176 Posts
Please do the following just to eliminate the pedal as a possible cause.

With the engine off slowly push the clutch pedal in and out; do you feel the pedal sticking or catching?

Reach down with your hand and pull the clutch pedal backwards in the direction of the driver’s seat, did it move backwards?

If any of the two above situations are happening then you at least have a place to start your investigation

Welcome to C.S.I. pug :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts