Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’ve got a 2014, 1.6 308 feline, recently the clutch has been stuck to the floor after gear changing and I have to tap it to bring it back up, doesn’t do this regularly though. Took it to a garage and they said Peugeot had a recall on master cylinders for 308s, however, having spoken to Peugeot they say there isn’t one out. Anyone has any experience with this problem before I pay for it to be done?

Thanks ?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I would go back to peugeot first there ARE issues with master cylinders it may not be a recall but there will be a TSB for it you need to ask the right question the right way :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, in what way would you suggest? I’m already back over next week for a different recall issue, would you suggest asking if there’s a tsb for these and see what they say?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve just managed to get my head under the bonnet for 5 minutes, when someone presses then clutch the seems to be a slight squeal of air I presume? Am I right in thinking a seal may have gone?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m booked in on Friday for an ancillary belt I’ll mention it when I go, see what they have to say

·
Registered
452 Posts
They did some recall work on mine, but it wasn't the cylinder, it was the pedal linkage. Not exactly sure what though.
Yes that was probably what they did with mine as the other thing.
They were meant to fix a potential clutch noise problem which they did the work, but they phoned at the end of the day and said they weren't happy and would complete the next day, that's when replacement clutch cylinder mentioned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts