Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 2015 plate 308 diesel (60k miles) and the clutch is starting to stick on the release phase.

I have the correct replacement clutch for repairs but i was wondering how long it can still be used whilst sticking or is this an urgent replacement?

TIA

·
Registered
388 Posts
Can't help on that but one of the 6 Peugeot re-calls that the dealer did was a prevention for something that might happen with the clutch in the future, he did a mod. and also changed the master cylinder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't help on that but one of the 6 Peugeot re-calls that the dealer did was a prevention for something that might happen with the clutch in the future, he did a mod. and also changed the master cylinder.
[/QUOTE}
Thanks. Seeing as my car is no longer under warranty, and is on hire purchase from a local dealer, could you please shed any light on how best to proceed regarding possible repairs etc? TIA

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well like you it would be good to see if others on forum have experience of your problem, but end of the day you will need to visit your Peugeot dealer or whoever does your servicing/repairs for diagnosis and quotation for repair.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
You will find this has come up before so worth having a search.
It might be the ball joint between the pedal and master cylinder push rod is worn and sticking. Mine had a recall done for that. But spray with PTFE and work it a bit, it might improve, at least for a time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have just had my car in for this to be sorted, the clutch had been "sticking" for about 3 months altogether but for 1 reason & another I hadn't been able to get my car in.

The new part has been fitted & clutch is working like new - unfortunately my dealer wouldn't do it under warranty (car was bought last year from a non Peugeot dealership & now has 40k miles).

The dealership were going to charge me £136 to correct the problem - I bought the part from Peugeot for £15.62 inc VAT & mechanic fitted it in 20 mins for £20.

The part needed is 1611376180 (Declutching Assistance Spring)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Unfortunately, that's not the only part which could cause sticking. Mechanic told me he had a case where he replaced part 98 203 429 80 (SENDER BALLJOINT FASTENER). That's a peace of plastic where the top of the master cylinder goes and it becomes worn with time.

It seems to me that replacing both parts is the best option. Also, that spring does not have the same part number for left hand drive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Unfortunately, that's not the only part which could cause sticking. Mechanic told me he had a case where he replaced part 98 203 429 80 (SENDER BALLJOINT FASTENER). That's a peace of plastic where the top of the master cylinder goes and it becomes worn with time.

It seems to me that replacing both parts is the best option. Also, that spring does not have the same part number for left hand drive.
That is the part number that Peugeot gave me, so I wasn't sure if it is the same for LH or RH drive cars (presumed it would be).

As for the other part (Sender Balljoint Fastener) - this wasn't mentioned by Peugeout when they looked at my car so wasn't aware that this could be part of the issue. I will get it changed to be on the safe side so thanks for the information.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Strange thing is that spring has replacement part number for left hand drive which would indicate improved one was made. For the right hand drive, there is no new part number. And Sender Balljoint Fastener also has replacement number, so they also made some improvements there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts