Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Really appreciate some help please. I've looked on the forums but can't find exactly the prob I have. When the car is idling everything sounds fine. However, even when I lightly touch the clutch peddle there's a screaming almost like a loose fan belt.

When the car is going along there is no clutch slip and the car seems fine, it's every thime I touch the clutch peddle it screams like a banshee - sound goes when car is driving. Only other thing is the bite point is pretty high up.

From what I can gather - this could be the release bearing but I will have to take it to a garage tomorrow unless this is a simple fix, but I doubt it.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks guys

Kind Regards

Bry

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
STOP driving the bearing is failing and it will eventually fail completely and leave you with no clutch control.

You need a new clutch im afraid its a common issue the bearing is always first to fail.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks the reply. I thought as much - My garage is about 3 miles away so I'll have to risk the short drive.

I'll let you guys know how I get on tomorrow.

Kind Regards

Bry

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Arrange to get a lift back from the garage Bry. Reliable is right, and the garage will almost certainly tell you you need a complete clutch.
Do ask them which make of clutch they will be using, you can get cheap ones, but that would be a false economy. LUK and Valeo are highly rated brands, you will be paying the same labour charge whichever clutch is fitted.

Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts