Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about attempting a clutch replacement on my 307 but unsure as to weather its best to leave it to a garage, I have access to a ramp and transmission jack,
But what is the process???

·
Registered
556 Posts
Its quite easy but can be fiddly get it up so the front wheels are off the deck and no obstructions i had the car above my head which made it all the more fun, if you are armed with a trolley jack only it'll be a pain.

·
Registered
238 Posts
removing the gearbox isn't that involved, should take about 2-3 hrs on your own, remove battery tray, gearbox linkages, loosen driveshaft nuts, jack up and support on axle stands, pop both balljoints, drain gearbox oil, remove both driveshafts, reverse sensor, timing sensor, starter, rear gearbox mount, undo engine rear mount, crack all other gearbox bolts, support on trolley jack, remove gearbox mount, drop engine and gearbox slightly and pull forward, undo all box bolts including ones by the turbo hose and rear engine stop, remove box, like i said easy,( there are a few bolts which are difficult to remove, get to) but you should be able to remove in 2-3 hours on your own, easier with a friend helping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts